Keyword

Category inherit problem/Introtext word limit problem

• Ewoud Vreugdenhil
  • Ewoud Vreugdenhil's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #85794 by Ewoud Vreugdenhil
I have searched the forum and have read that more people have problems with the category inherit option regarding read more. Unfortunately I am facing also the problem that the inherit doesn't always work.

I want to show my setup and hopefully Simon can tell me what I am doing wrong or that is maybe a bug.

First I created a dummy category named "Inherit 10 words" with the setting "Introtext word limit" 10. Then I created other categories and sub categories with inherit of the category "inherit 10 words" which is only used to inherit from in other categories. After that I created menu items. First of all "Home" and I selected all categories to show on my homepage. There the inherit of 10 words doesn't work. Then I created a second menu item called "News" and that had only sub categories. There it also doesn't work. Then I created 2 more menu items called "Screenshots" and "Videos". They are parent categories and there the inherit of 10 words does work.

I have enclosed an image with 4 image captions which hopefully shows what I mentioned above.

So it seems that parent categories work correctly with inherit when you create menu items of them. But sub categories don't. Also the parent categories don't work when they are part of more categories when all connected to one menu item.

Hopefully you understand what I am saying and what I should change. I am using version 2.3.

My idea is to create a website about a game with news items on the hompage like articles, rumors and news, but also screenshots and videos. Then create seperate menu items for News (articles, rumors, news), Screenshots and Videos as shown on the bottom of the attachment.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ewoud Vreugdenhil
  • Ewoud Vreugdenhil's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #85795 by Ewoud Vreugdenhil
Replied by Ewoud Vreugdenhil on topic Category inherit problem/Introtext word limit problem
I really like the component because it has all what I need but just this one thing of the Introtext word limit is not working with me. I thought it was related to inherit but I now see the Introtext word limit only works when you assign a single parent category to a menu item.

Is there no way to get it to work when you add multiple and sub-categories to one menu item?

Please, please help me with this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.