Keyword

Process Joomla Plugins In K2 Categories & K2 User Descriptions

• FidelGonzales
  • FidelGonzales's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 2 months ago #85839 by FidelGonzales
I am looking to consolidate content data use the K2 user description as this location, but the description does not process plugins, which would enable such Joomla plugin functions as tabs and slides and RSS feed plugin capabilities. I am not completely certain this will work as planned due to other limitations, but I would at least like to process Joomla plugins in categories and other K2 elements. Ideally, having the capability to have a description within a tag would probably be best, since all content tag references would be directed to this page, but that's more of a long shot.In all likelihood, if this doesn't work, I'll have use a K2 or Joomla content page as the landing page, which is what I have been doing, and integrate all other elements via Joomla plugin processing of that page and/or the standard module positions, which is more cumbersome.Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• FidelGonzales
  • FidelGonzales's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 2 months ago #85840 by FidelGonzales
Just to clarify, as it stands now for a user, there can be three different pages referencing a user. Here is an outline of them as well as their limitations.

TAG PAGE - All references to a user via tags is listed on the more SEO rich tag page. This doesn't have a description for additional information and thereby does not process a plugin. The content that does exist on this page can generally be more numerous and targeted at the user's tag. The only way to provide additional information would be via published modules. FEATURE REQUEST - Provide the functionality to optionally include a Joomla plugin-processing description for individual tags. FEATURE REQUEST - Provide the functionality to be able to redirect the tag to a different URL, which could be used to monetize such a functionality from advertising platforms in conjunction with available analytical tracking capabilities.

USER PAGE - As a user, particularly as a content-producing user, that user is given a user page, where plugins are not processed, and the only content that exists upon that page is that which the person produces. Perhaps, an additional field can be provided to place a link to the content page referenced below, or better yet, the code could be hacked and the link to the user page instead refer to the content item. FEATURE REQUEST - - Enable the capability to process Joomla plugins within the description. FEATURE REQUEST - Enable the capability to redirect default user link to other URL.

CONTENT PAGE - As a content page dedicated to the user, it processes plugins. Therefore, there is no need to orchestrate a cumbersome array of template module positions to assist in publishing of related content items, as it can be published via plugin within content, which is much easier to manage via one content item. The drawback here is that this creates a third reference to the person, making navigation cumbersome to the website visitor seeking additional information on the person. It also create another reference for SEO purposes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.