Keyword

Change Bullet Image in K2 Tools Category List

• Scott Tuchman
  • Scott Tuchman's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #85842 by Scott Tuchman
Change Bullet Image in K2 Tools Category List was created by Scott Tuchman
(see attached)I would like to change the bullet image from the K2 Tools generated category list from the dot to my custom car as seen with the top two category listings, which is generated as a standard menu looking at the K2 category.  I would rather use tools to accomplish this.  I have tried multiple changes to the k2.css in and around the lines 829 and cannot seem to effect the change I want, using something like  {background:url("templates/rt_somaxiom_j15/images/body/style1/bullet.png") no-repeat scroll 0 9px transparent;}any thoughts on what line and how to get this to work.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #85843 by Peter P
Replied by Peter P on topic Change Bullet Image in K2 Tools Category List
Any solution? I have the same problems. And it has something to do with Rockettheme.

• Scott Tuchman
  • Scott Tuchman's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #85844 by Scott Tuchman
Replied by Scott Tuchman on topic Change Bullet Image in K2 Tools Category List
As you can see, no one gave a rats ass about answering this one. I finally gave up.

More
13 years 4 months ago #85845 by Chris Mrozek
Replied by Chris Mrozek on topic Change Bullet Image in K2 Tools Category List
Hi... it is quite simple...

What you need to do is to create a new style for the ul/li list. To find the proper ids and classes I've been using firefox or opera. in firefox select the list and view the source of selected items. You will see a part of HTML in may case:

<div id="k2ModuleBox146" class="k2CategoriesListBlock ">(... here is all the list with ul's and il's ...></div>
So what you need to do is to create a style for a div id=k2ModuleBox146 with ul and liOpen the k2 css style file and at the end of the file (it is cascade style so the last one is the one that overiddes the others, so at the end of the file i've created a tag:#k2ModuleBox146 ul{list-style: circle outside; color:green;} - it will change the bullets to green circles .... the rest they are just css properities.Hope it helps.Let me know :-)