Keyword

Joomla Menu - K2 Menu (structure)

More
14 years 2 months ago #85947 by testa
Joomla Menu - K2 Menu (structure) was created by testa
Hello,I'm using joomla and some days ago I found k2. For using the articles it looks really nice. I also found out that there's a migrator for my categories and articles - really nice!but of course I got some questions:I already created some menu's with joomla. Likesection - categorie - categorie - categorier - articles and so on...Is there a way to easy replace this with k2 structure?Or do I have to make all these menus new?Also I do have 2 questions for the menu linking:K2 supports subcategores, so I choosed k2 categories for a menu link and marked the parent category and all subs - but in the menu there is only the main category..?? what am I doing wrong? do I have to link each category and subcategory alone - like in joomla - to be displayed?and second:When I'm in a categorylink (frontend) I only want to see my articles there. but there are also the names of the category, the rss picture and a folder picture - that looks horrorable for me ^^how can I remove that? I just tried to hide everything in the admin of k2 - folder picture has gone away but the others stayed... hope for your reply

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #85948 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Joomla Menu - K2 Menu (structure)
Or do I have to make all these menus new?
Click on create a new menu item and select K2. This is where menu items from k2 items are usually made, so best to recreate them and see if they do what you want.
You can also use mod_k2_content and loadposition{ ...} to load k2 items into a joomla article.

Read about k2 templating or overrides and onecss4k2. With these features, especially onecss4k2 you can modify the way things look for a particular category or item and it wont affect the default behavior. Also, it wont be overwritten when you upgrade or reinstall. Using the :hide feature in css is particularly handy when wanting to hide something. If your editing an override, you can cut the code that causes the display out for that override only.

More
14 years 1 month ago #85949 by testa
Replied by testa on topic Joomla Menu - K2 Menu (structure)
thanks for your reply.

let me just try a different approach:
I love the k2 content editor with integrated video, galleries and so on..
is this available as standalone (like jce or other editors) ?
because I think k2 is too heavy and too difficult for a joomla newbie like me ;-)

hope for your reply