Keyword

Fulltext in Itemlist / category

More
14 years 2 months ago #85968 by Nils
Fulltext in Itemlist / category was created by Nils
Hi!I've just discovered K2 as part of setting up a new website and I must say: Wow. Wished I discovered this a bit earlier :)I do have one problem I can't seem to solve: My frontpage is setup as a K2 > Itemlist / category and I would like to display the fulltext, including social addons for each item in the itemlist. I cannot seem to find how, as there is no "fulltext" option in my category list definition. Only if I jump to the item definition (so not the itemlist, but the item) I have the fulltext option. Can anyone enlighten me?If this is a FAQ: Sorry, I missed it. Been browsing through the site quite a bit before registering and asking.Thx a bunch!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #85969 by Nils
Replied by Nils on topic Fulltext in Itemlist / category
Somebody, anybody?

More
14 years 1 month ago #85970 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Fulltext in Itemlist / category
It sounds like you want features from item view put in category view.
Probably best way to do this is with overrides or k2 templating.
Once you get the override set up, edit the category_item.php and include the things you want from item.php!

More
14 years 1 month ago #85971 by Nils
Replied by Nils on topic Fulltext in Itemlist / category
William White said:It sounds like you want features from item view put in category view. Probably best way to do this is with overrides or k2 templating.
Once you get the override set up, edit the category_item.php and include the things you want from item.php!

Ah, this kind of works, but now I am stumped. Since I want to have fulltext in the article, I change the line that displays the text in line 126 of category_item.php from $this->item->introtext to $this->item->fulltext ... the result is that the subtemplate shows no text at all anymore. I guess for some reason it didnt pick the contents of the fulltext from the database. How should I tell K2 do to that as well?

More
14 years 1 month ago #85972 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Fulltext in Itemlist / category
Not sure, but turn debug on
load one page or the other
use the browzer to search for fulltext
check for a sql statement
put it back like it was
load the page again and see if theres a difference in the sql statements