Keyword

almost 1000 queries when loading webpage

• Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 2 months ago #85981 by Nick
So i'm running a website 100% based on K2. www.animekyun.com is the site.Currently i'm getting almost a 1000 queries with an afterrender time of 1.5 seconds. This is the most occuring query.
SELECT *   FROM jos_k2_categories   WHERE parent=100   AND published=1   AND trash=0   AND access<=2

Anyone any ideas how to optimize the site more?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 2 months ago #85982 by Nick
Replied by Nick on topic almost 1000 queries when loading webpage
ok i just disabled fetch items from subcategory and it went from 970 to 380 queries. Would that be normal?

More
13 years 4 months ago #85983 by Christopher Pratt
Replied by Christopher Pratt on topic almost 1000 queries when loading webpage
I am also building a website completely based off K2 with over 500,000 items. Currently I have 3700 categories which I imported into the database and now I'm noticing K2 is running over 18000 SQL Queries as shown below. I turned on Catalog Mode and that cut the queries down to 8656, but obviously this is still highly atrocious. Does anyone have any tips on optimizing K2? I am a bit worried that Joomla/K2 might have been a poor CMS choice with such a gigantic project, but I am already far into the development process. Thanks.

SELECT *   FROM jos_k2_categories   WHERE id = '3974'

SELECT *   FROM jos_k2_categories   WHERE parent=3974   AND published=1   AND trash=0   AND access<=0    ORDER BY  name ASC

SELECT *   FROM jos_k2_categories   WHERE parent=1   AND published=1   AND trash=0   AND access<=0   ORDER BY ordering

SELECT *   FROM jos_k2_categories   WHERE parent=2   AND published=1   AND trash=0   AND access<=0

SELECT *   FROM jos_k2_categories   WHERE parent=2   AND published=1   AND trash=0   AND access<=0   ORDER BY ordering

SELECT *   FROM jos_k2_categories   WHERE parent=4   AND published=1   AND trash=0   AND access<=0