Keyword

Menu Item Type for custom layout

• Odin Mayland
  • Odin Mayland's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #86008 by Odin Mayland
Menu Item Type for custom layout was created by Odin Mayland
I am relatively new to Joomla and am interested in trying out a CCK. At this time my main reason for trying a CCK is to be able to create a "menu item type" other then the stock blog and list layouts. I have designed a layout that mimics the modules on the site. See screen shot.

Every layout is made up of 3 articles that share a specific keyword.I want to be able to create a menu item that will automatically place the 3 articles into my designed layout.Does K2 provide a simple way to do this?
Maybe K2 does do this but i need someone to reply with the correct method.  I might be getting confused with the K2 nomiclature. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Odin Mayland
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #86009 by Odin Mayland
Replied by Odin Mayland on topic Menu Item Type for custom layout
Are there any moderators answering these discussions or is there a better way to get help?

More
14 years 1 month ago #86010 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic Menu Item Type for custom layout
Hi ModernMagic,

Can't you really not have just 1 content with all infos (article 1+2+3).

If yes, K2 is what you need, just have to put article 1 info (image) in k2 image, article 2 info in introtext and article 3 info in fulltext.

Olivier

• Odin Mayland
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #86011 by Odin Mayland
Replied by Odin Mayland on topic Menu Item Type for custom layout
Do I put the 3 "articles" into 3 separate K2 "items"?

Are those items usable by other extensions? For example, I want to have all the Article 2's (Testimonials) to rotate in the header. The Article 1 (Photo) will be part of a slideshow module on the front page. Is this possible?

I have created 2 sites with the basic Joomla install, so I would consider myself one step above a beginner. Once again, I might be getting confused with the K2 nomiclature.