Keyword

image resize issue

• David Feuerstein
  • David Feuerstein's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86017 by David Feuerstein
image resize issue was created by David Feuerstein
Hello I am currently configuring k2 so it will work as a book gallery with gallery view and detail book view.  The issue is that when we upload an image I would like a small image to show on the gallery page and a large image to show on the detail page.  This we have achieved but I would like to further reduce the size of the image on the gallery page. is this possible without loading two separate book cover images for the taskThe other issue is it possible to display book title on gallery view below the book cover image (default is on top)Thank you for all this great support.David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #86018 by william white
Replied by william white on topic image resize issue
It is refreshing to see a post that has the image gallery "working"
Looking at an image gallery i uploaded on my site, it seems that all the thumbs are resized and displayed in the same size. when you click into the gallery and use next and previous the pictures seem to display in their original settings. If you want to resize the thumbs there is a setting in sigpro to change that, but correctly sizing the images before zipping them should change the lightbox display size.

There is a layout template for image galleries paramater in sigpro and i would guess that you can use that to change the display of things in the gallery that is redered into the k2 item view. Check the forum at joomlaworks for sigpro, there may be something there

• David Feuerstein
  • David Feuerstein's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86019 by David Feuerstein
Replied by David Feuerstein on topic image resize issue
Thank you William for you input. I think I might have confused the issue slightly by using term 'image gallery' as this sounds like it might be an extension (module) I am actually creating a gallery using K2 component and setting up a content page with tags etc. When I click on the category image in the generic 'books' file it takes me to a detail page where the book image is bigger. However I would like to be able to control the smaller gallery page images of books with an automatic resizer if that exists. The list images are smaller but not as small as I would like. Can these be controlled by defining the auto resize dimensions?

Sorry for any confusion
David

William White said:It is refreshing to see a post that has the image gallery "working" Looking at an image gallery i uploaded on my site, it seems that all the thumbs are resized and displayed in the same size. when you click into the gallery and use next and previous the pictures seem to display in their original settings. If you want to resize the thumbs there is a setting in sigpro to change that, but correctly sizing the images before zipping them should change the lightbox display size.

There is a layout template for image galleries paramater in sigpro and i would guess that you can use that to change the display of things in the gallery that is redered into the k2 item view. Check the forum at joomlaworks for sigpro, there may be something there