Keyword

Upgrading Issue

• Miron Savan
  • Miron Savan's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86050 by Miron Savan
Upgrading Issue was created by Miron Savan
Hello. I would like to update from K2 2.2 to K2 2.3 but the problem is that I have little modifications to the core component and I would like to know witch files have been updated. The modifications are made over time and I don't have an exact log of what I did to the component. If I had only a package with the changed files I could update on my own... so.. where are the update packages?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Miron Savan
  • Miron Savan's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86051 by Miron Savan
Replied by Miron Savan on topic Upgrading Issue
BTW: Great component and for the size of this thing you should make a wiki so we could help others. Documentation and Support from what I've seen sucks. Even the templating article is incomplete and once you work on it, there is no help for new users. You should really think about making this accessible to contributors.... the search on the forum is poor at best, why not implement google search?

Anyway.... I use the component for many of my sites but I have not found a way to contribute to this.. I have the romanian language and the german one... where should I put it? I have several customisations that may be of help to users and no where to post it...

More
14 years 1 month ago #86052 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Upgrading Issue
Backup your files!
search this forum and blog for a post from Fortis mentioning winmerge to compare your files
project.winmerge.org/
This tool is very helpfull finding differences.

More
14 years 1 month ago #86053 by william white