Keyword

Item Listings-Categories: Results in a blank white page

• Ken Westphal
  • Ken Westphal's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #86081 by Ken Westphal
I have the latest version of K2 - 2.3 and running latest version of Joomla - 1.5.20

Some of our pages on our website are set as Categories: see image  in our Menu.  When they are set as that, when you click on the link to that webpage on the website, you are greeted with a blank white page, nothing else on the page.  If I choose "User Page-blog" for example, the page is able to load.  So I'm not sure why when having it selected as a "Categories", I am getting a blank white page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #86082 by Ike Leus
I have the exact same issue as yourself. Using the latest versions of Joom and the K2 component. Still blank page on category view. And this is of course one of the most used displays on most sites (espacially for news & blogging).

Since i spend quite some time designing the templates for K2 I do hope this bug gets fixed asap. You will most probably get a reply to turn on your php error reporting feature in Joomla, but this will give you the exact blank (no code output) page as well.

More
13 years 8 months ago #86083 by Sarrene
I also am getting this problem as well. I am not sure what is going on or why it is happening.
mbstring is enabled, fresh new install of joomla and K2: Everything is updated and current.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this and why it is happening?

More
13 years 8 months ago #86084 by william white
turn error reporting on to high and see if you get an error or errors to point you at whats going on

More
13 years 8 months ago #86085 by Sarrene
I have done this already and no errors are showing. I even changed back to both rhuk_milkway, Beez and JA_Purity just in case it was my template. However there are no errors showing.

I created a self made error, just to make sure the reporting was working, and it is. I have it set to maximum.

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance

More
13 years 8 months ago #86086 by william white
back up your site

turn sef and mod rewrite off if it is on and try again

reinstall k2 (be carefull if you have made core changes)

reinstall or upgrade joomla just to be sure its not a problem there

More
13 years 8 months ago #86087 by Sarrene
I had tried all those things. What I ended up doing was uninstalling and reinstalling K2.. the reinstall seemed to have worked .. Let us hope it keeps working eh?

Thank you for all your help though. I did have the same ideas as well and tried those. Reinstall is usually my last attempt if I am desperate. lol

More
13 years 5 months ago #86088 by Trentin C Bergeron
Replied by Trentin C Bergeron on topic Item Listings-Categories: Results in a blank white page
Any other updates for this issue?

I set SEF and Mod_Rewrite to off.  No dice.

More
13 years 5 months ago #86089 by Trentin C Bergeron
Replied by Trentin C Bergeron on topic Item Listings-Categories: Results in a blank white page
I set my error reporting to MAX, and found the plugin ITPShare conflicts with K2. Since K2 has the awesome social links built in, I no longer need the plugin.  Uninstalled, and wa la!  Works like a charm.

Maximum error reporting is very handy!!