Keyword

changing the background color of a K2 item

• Stephen P. Martino
  • Stephen P. Martino's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86099 by Stephen P. Martino
changing the background color of a K2 item was created by Stephen P. Martino
To the group,Can someone direct me how to change the background color of my K2 Item?  I created a K2 item and selected it as my menu type, but I don't know how to change it from the default white to another color?thanksSteve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #86100 by william white
Replied by william white on topic changing the background color of a K2 item
If you want it to change in every item on your site edit k2.css and add a background css tag
www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp

If you want it to be different for different categories use overrides and css4k2
search here for those topics

• Stephen P. Martino
More
14 years 1 month ago #86101 by Stephen P. Martino
Replied by Stephen P. Martino on topic changing the background color of a K2 item
I went the overrides route and followed all of the instructions of what files to copy, etc and the instructions for the css4k2 plugin, but I still cannot get the background on the K2 item to change. I believe I did everything correctly, since when I went into to K2 categories, my new template showed up. thoughts?

William White said:If you want it to change in every item on your site edit k2.css and add a background css tag www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp

If you want it to be different for different categories use overrides and css4k2
search here for those topics

More
14 years 1 month ago #86102 by william white
If you did all that successfully you should be able to make an override for just one category now. You can now edit the item.php or category.php or whatever in the override directory and things will start to change

You can also change the k2 css for just that category now.
Copy k2.css to the template directory where your override is and rename it to {YourOverrideName}_style.css
Edit that file, make css changes and you will see things start to change.
please send a link to what your working on if its not on localhost

• Stephen P. Martino
More
14 years 1 month ago #86103 by Stephen P. Martino
Replied by Stephen P. Martino on topic changing the background color of a K2 item
Appreciate the quick response. I changed the K2 item category to the new template. I copied the k2.css file to my "Joomla" template directory and re-named it appropriately. Edited it by adding a bunch of bacground-image items, and changing all others, but so far nothing.

My site is: 031363d.netsolhost.com/AquaLifeCentral/

The front page text in the middle should change and I even added a menu item "Test page for k2 overrides"

thanks

Steve

William White said:If you did all that successfully you should be able to make an override for just one category now. You can now edit the item.php or category.php or whatever in the override directory and things will start to change
You can also change the k2 css for just that category now.
Copy k2.css to the template directory where your override is and rename it to {YourOverrideName}_style.css
Edit that file, make css changes and you will see things start to change.
please send a link to what your working on if its not on localhost

More
14 years 1 month ago #86104 by william white
is the blue background in The Aqua-Life Foundation what you are working on?