Keyword

Integration with forums

• Prashanth
  • Prashanth's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #86165 by Prashanth
Integration with forums was created by Prashanth
Hi,
I am using K2 on my site and want to install a forum component. But the forums like kunena and ccboard seem to have their own profile etc. I am unable to disable the forum profiles. 

I dont wanna have multiple profiles for a user on my site. Any idea how i can integrate all of this.

Thanks
Prashanth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #86166 by Anthony Garcia
Replied by Anthony Garcia on topic Integration with forums
Hey Prashanth,

I was also looking for an easy integration solution for a forum with no luck. Wondering if anyone has ?

More
13 years 9 months ago #86167 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Integration with forums
You will most likely have to use JoomSocial or CB or something like that, so you can integrate with both the fourm and k2. You can then turn off access to the My Page in K2 by overriding the login module of k2 and using the one of your choice with another extension.

More
13 years 8 months ago #86168 by Anthony Garcia
Replied by Anthony Garcia on topic Integration with forums
I've decided to go with Kunena for my forum solution as well, its really a great forum extension. I don't need an all out integration ... the
only features from K2 that i plan on using are the nestable categories.

I looked into your suggestion on using CB, but I don't really need all the things it comes with. And it doesn't really look all that appealing. JomSocial is an option but its out of my budget right now.

The problem I'm running into right now is that Kunena's log in registration is asking for the the avatar it will use for K2. So, whenever a user fills out the registration form the Kunena avatar is empty. The Kunena registration asks for other stuff from K2 as well.

Is there anyway I can override any of the K2 stuff from showing up during the registration ? I'm puzzled as to why the kunena log in would pick up K2 fields in the first place, but I have a feeling that whenever K2 is installed that becomes the default joomla registration.

Here's a link to the site I'm working on so you can see the problem for yourself. Any help would be appreciated.

Link.

William White said:

You will most likely have to use JoomSocial or CB or something like that, so you can integrate with both the fourm and k2. You can then turn off access to the My Page in K2 by overriding the login module of k2 and using the one of your choice with another extension.