Keyword

single user multiple user groups

• Prashanth
  • Prashanth's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86245 by Prashanth
single user multiple user groups was created by Prashanth
Hi,
On my site i have multiple item categories. The users will be allowed to add items from front end to only one of the categories but they can comment on posts to all the other categories too.

I am not sure how to do this. I can think of creating multiple user groups, but how do i assign the users to multiple user groups.

Thanks
Prashanth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #86246 by Yuriy V. Tolpygo
Replied by Yuriy V. Tolpygo on topic single user multiple user groups
The same question:
Is it possible to allow the user to add items in some categories withal - to save his rights to comment in all other categories.

I realy need your answer

More
13 years 7 months ago #86247 by renegadesk
Replied by renegadesk on topic single user multiple user groups
if users could be in multiple groups..k2 would be awesome..

More
13 years 7 months ago #86248 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic single user multiple user groups
Have you tried setting up different groups for each category and then checked to see if they can comment in the other categories?  I could be wrong, but I think that should work.

If not, the easiest way I can think of would be to setup different author groups for each category. Then you would have to modify the item.php to allow any registered user to comment regardless of which category they can post to.

More
13 years 7 months ago #86249 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic single user multiple user groups
As default, all users have read access and comment access (this can be controlled by k2 parameters.

You cant assign users in multiple user groups.

But you can create a user group which provide comment and post permissions and assign selected users to it.

It something I have wanted to do myself but never found a definite solution.

SimonK2 Support 

More
13 years 7 months ago #86250 by renegadesk
Replied by renegadesk on topic single user multiple user groups
I've used JUGA to give users access to multiple groups, then I created some code to find out what groups a user is in an add that to an array to be used as a variable within the k2 templates. You can read more here community.getk2.org/forum/topics/use-k2usergroup-variable-in-a?commentId=3536014%3AComment%3A165632&xg_source=msg_com_forum

If you think it's useful let me know and I'll post how I did it but only if it sounds like people are keen
Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:

As default, all users have read access and comment access (this can be controlled by k2 parameters.

You cant assign users in multiple user groups.

But you can create a user group which provide comment and post permissions and assign selected users to it.

It something I have wanted to do myself but never found a definite solution.

SimonK2 Support