Keyword

[REOPENED] local domain prepended to url before 'use remote video' url

• Mark Schultz
  • Mark Schultz's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86259 by Mark Schultz
I want to stream some videos from another server. Issue can be reproduced thus:1. create an item2. Under video tab, select "browse server/use remote video" tab3. Enter URL of remote video.4. Save item5. Preview of video fails with error.Instead of  remotedomain.com/path/video.flvthe video URL supplied by K2 is localdomain.net/http://remotedomain.com/path/video.flvSo far I have found:The plugin code is being stored properly in the items table in the database:
{flvremote}remotedomain.com/path/video.flv{/flvremote}

However the flvplayer rendered on the page sees this address instead:
localdomain.net/http://remotedomain.com/path/video.flv

when I disable the plugin so the page will reveal the plugin code instead of the player, I see:
{flvremote}localdomain.net/http://remotedomain.com/path/video.flv{/flvremote}

so though the plugin code is being stored in the database properly, it
apparently is being delivered by k2 improperly to the plugin.I don't know where to go from here to troubleshoot further. Any help from you K2 aficionados is greatly appreciated.An example can be seen here at dev site: nvcacademy.net/2Using K2 2.3 fresh installallvideos plugin 3.3Joomla 1.5.17PHP 5.2.12mySQL 5.0.91-communityApache 2.2.14This issue was originally reported in the advanced discussion, I moved it here because it does appear to be a bug.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #86260 by Lefteris
Hi. Just fixed the bug for the next release. You can see the patch at the SVN version. Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Mark Schultz
More
14 years 1 month ago #86261 by Mark Schultz
Looks like it was just item.php that was modified, is that correct? Can I just overwrite my existing item.php, or do I need to more? thanks.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Just fixed the bug for the next release. You can see the patch at the SVN version. Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

• Mark Schultz
More
14 years 1 month ago #86262 by Mark Schultz
I tried replacing models/item.php in the component, that fixed it on the front end, thanks. didn't help the backend. is there another file modified? thanks.

Mark Schultz said:Looks like it was just item.php that was modified, is that correct? Can I just overwrite my existing item.php, or do I need to more? thanks.
Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Just fixed the bug for the next release. You can see the patch at the SVN version. Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

More
14 years 1 month ago #86263 by Lefteris
Hi. It should be fine now... Thanks again for reporting

Mark Schultz said:I tried replacing models/item.php in the component, that fixed it on the front end, thanks. didn't help the backend. is there another file modified? thanks.
Mark Schultz said:Looks like it was just item.php that was modified, is that correct? Can I just overwrite my existing item.php, or do I need to more? thanks. Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Just fixed the bug for the next release. You can see the patch at the SVN version. Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Mark Schultz
More
14 years 1 month ago #86264 by Mark Schultz
thanks for the help!

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. It should be fine now... Thanks again for reporting
Mark Schultz said:I tried replacing models/item.php in the component, that fixed it on the front end, thanks. didn't help the backend. is there another file modified? thanks. Mark Schultz said:Looks like it was just item.php that was modified, is that correct? Can I just overwrite my existing item.php, or do I need to more? thanks. Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Just fixed the bug for the next release. You can see the patch at the SVN version. Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

• Mark Schultz
More
14 years 1 month ago #86265 by Mark Schultz
Hi Lefteris,

there is possibly another issue with the video plugin usage in K2. When I attempt to use a remote XML file, I get a similar symptom as before.

At this URL you can see the plugin string in the light gray box on the page:

bit.ly/a4Yeb6

{xmlremote}nvctraining.com/media/LinM/TP-felt-sense/longtail.xml{/xmlremote}

In the K2 backend, the string is displayed as:

{xmlremote}nvcacademy.net/2/http://nvctraining.com/media/LinM/TP-felt-s...{/xmlremote}

again with the local domain prepended to the URL.

my XML file looks like this(view source):
longtail.xml

Any thoughts if the issue remains with K2 or my XML file sucks?

thanks.

More
14 years 1 month ago #86266 by Lefteris
Hi. I will check it again but in any case i think that AllVideos does not support this XML file. So even without the local domain prepended this will not work.

Mark Schultz said:Hi Lefteris,
there is possibly another issue with the video plugin usage in K2. When I attempt to use a remote XML file, I get a similar symptom as before.

bit.ly/a4Yeb6

{xmlremote}nvcacademy.net/2/http://nvctraining.com/media/LinM/TP-felt-s...{/xmlremote}

longtail.xml

thanks.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Mark Schultz
More
14 years 1 month ago #86267 by Mark Schultz
OK, thanks. Are you saying that the allvideos plugin won't support any remote xml file, or that my xml file won't work? If it is the latter, can you tell me which version of the JWplayer is being used by the plugin so I can write an XML file that will work?

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. I will check it again but in any case i think that AllVideos does not support this XML file. So even without the local domain prepended this will not work. Mark Schultz said:Hi Lefteris, there is possibly another issue with the video plugin usage in K2. When I attempt to use a remote XML file, I get a similar symptom as before.

bit.ly/a4Yeb6

longtail.xml

thanks.

More
14 years 5 days ago #86268 by Fritz Müller
Hi, I do not understand your anwser. What should I do to solve the problem? What means "SVN"? Thanks...