Keyword

Special Form or Content

More
14 years 1 month ago #86275 by Elwyn
Special Form or Content was created by Elwyn
I will explain what I need and see if this is possible using K2 system.

I am a football coach doing a UEFA C licence course and I want to post and plan my coaching sessions on-site and print them out for myself, but I also want to offer these to members who visit my site.

Layout is basic, 3 rows, 2 columns.
Row 1 - column 1: Image Box
row 1 - column 2: text input box explaining image box.

This is same format for row 2&3

So its basic but can I do it using k2 + extra fields and if so can anyone suggest a start point for me to hack this up on a test site.

regards elwyn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #86276 by Nexus Star
Replied by Nexus Star on topic Special Form or Content
Yes you can do it with K2.
If I am understanding you right. This can be achieved in two ways depending on what you want to list in this columns
1. You want to list content from 3 different categories then you will need to use 3 k2_content modules with setting to list only one item from each category ( and with little css styling) you will end up like you explained
2. You want to list items from one or from all categories
2.1 If from one you make menu pointing to that category and leave only 3 items to be shown
2.2. If from more you make menu pointing to them and list whatever items you want.
And the third possibilities that springs to my mind is you want to list 3 particular items this can be achieved again by using k2_content module and choosing particular items.
All this will no need any hacking and can be achieved without much effort and without extra fields this will be needed only if you want to change content on item to item basis.
The possibilities are endless all depends on the content if it will be changed on page to page basis or on menu to menu basis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.