Keyword

Gallery and/or Video from other items appearing on new k2 items

• Marc S. Boas
  • Marc S. Boas's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #86308 by Marc S. Boas
We're seeing some strange behavior where the video or image gallery from an older item will be attached to a new item that was saved without gallery or video.We haven't identified a specific sequence but it's confusing the hell out of the users.  The create a new item and save it, then reopen and it has the gallery from a different item.Using K2 2.2 right now.Has anyone seen this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #86309 by william white
Have you deleted a lot of items? and trashed or anything to cause the id's to change?
Has anyone been in the backend of mysql changing things?
Does this have anything to do with a cache issue?
just guessing

More
14 years 1 month ago #86310 by Bryan Smith
HELP, I'm now seeing this happen on two websites!!

This time I have a little more info because it just happened.

Website is joomla 1.5.17 k2.2

Today I opened an existing article and added a youtube video and an image gallery to the article. Now every article in that category that did not have a gallery or video has the same content in the db

k2 the db looks like this

{youtube}l2iZl1dgvzc{/youtube} {gallery}10{/gallery}

no, not deleted any items. This is a fairly new site.

nothing done on the backend.

Don't know how this is caching. I did not open each of the items that now has the duplicate content. The content was written into those records.

More
13 years 10 months ago #86311 by natecovington
I've seen this a few times as well. Happened just now so I looked up this thread.

Running Joomla 1.5.21 and K2 2.4.1 on a local server here, brand new site / fresh install. Had a news item with video and gallery. Edited another item and the video and gallery from the other item was stuck to this one.

Glad to know I'm not the only one with this - any help?

More
13 years 10 months ago #86312 by william white
Just thinking about this behavior. Please someone post if i am incorrect.
When adding an item there must be - insert into jos_items and the first field id is autoincrement, gets a unique k2 item number.
Looking at the created record from the "real backend" you can see the tag inserted in the gallery field contains the unique k2 item number.

If this record is edited and a gallery added it should issue a mysql update command for id="k2id number" affecting only one record.
The behavior described must be some sort of problem with either bad code in the k2 or joomla core, or something wrong with mysql.
Since this seems to happen on sites that are working, What changed just prior to this behavior? Were new "bad" extensions added?

More
13 years 10 months ago #86313 by Bryan Smith
I'm pretty sure that I've identified the cause of this.

Strange characters in the filenames of images in the zip files.

Everytime I had this happen I was able to find some strange characters in a filename.

Scrubbing filenames for spaces and characters now and it's never happened again.

I use Bulk Rename Utility which you can find on the web. Awesome tool!!

More
13 years 10 months ago #86314 by william white
It would be interesting to know if this happens on both windows and unix servers....unix is not windows AND the old dos filename convention works BEST everywhere for sure.

Lownotes said:I'm pretty sure that I've identified the cause of this.
Strange characters in the filenames of images in the zip files.

Everytime I had this happen I was able to find some strange characters in a filename.

Scrubbing filenames for spaces and characters now and it's never happened again.

I use Bulk Rename Utility which you can find on the web. Awesome tool!!

More
13 years 7 months ago #86315 by Josh
Had the same problem for sometime now, just used the Bulk Rename Utility too. Really saved me big time. What a handy app. Thanks Lownotes

More
13 years 6 months ago #86316 by Josh
Damn, ok so I tried using Bulk Rename Utility and the problem appeared to have been fixed however much to my dismay it seems to have returned. I checked that the filenames of the suspected images and gallery are correct and they appear to be fine. Any further information or tips regarding this? Has anyone spotter the problem returning after using the Bulk Rename Utility tool to fix the filenames?

thanks, Josh

More
13 years 5 months ago #86317 by Farid
I'm facing this problem in my new website, and there's nothing wrong with file names.

most of new items have videos and galleries from other published items.

I urgently need to fix this issue!

any suggestions?