Keyword

Category View - Keep listings of subcategories separate?

• Justin Herrin
  • Justin Herrin's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #86343 by Justin Herrin
Thanks again Aaron. Your code has worked well on the live site which loops through 35 items in 6 sub-categories.

www.manchestercommunitycollege.edu/business/non-credit-course-schedule

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #86344 by Cem Aslan
Hi Aaron, thanks for the code. I have replaced the entire code in the templates category.php and category_item.php with your code, but I am only seeing a list of subcategories without any items underneath. with the default code i can see the subcategories and the all the item at the bottom as normal when I change over category_item.php to your code items dissapear. I have noticed you used extra field value, do i need to set same extra field values on all, please explain. Thanks again for the great help.

• Justin Herrin
More
13 years 5 months ago #86345 by Justin Herrin
Hello Cem and Paul - if you use the code that Aaron posted exactly as it is, you will not see any items being displayed because his category_item.php code searches and displays only items that have Extra Fields attached to them. If your items do not have Extra Fields then they will not show up.

Paul - you would need to make sure the category_item.php code contains the code required to display the item images. Again the code that Aaron posted does not include references to the item images.

• Justin Herrin
More
13 years 5 months ago #86346 by Justin Herrin
I did not use images in the loop I made from Aaron's code. The page I created with it simply displayed the Category Title, then all the Items below that (Item Title, Description, Extra Fields). Then the loop was run through for all the child categories and their items.

Here is the page: www.manchestercommunitycollege.edu/business/non-credit-course-schedule

More
10 years 7 months ago #86347 by behzad
hi
how can we do this for the selectbox list of category in front-end form of sending articles?
I explain it here : stackoverflow.com/questions/21649486/cascading-dropdown-for-k2-categories-in-administrator-panel