Keyword

last try, before i give up

More
14 years 1 month ago #86371 by mar
last try, before i give up was created by mar
I decided to try K2 for this new site im building, mostly because i needed more category's, In beginning i thought i finally found a mod that do what i want, 
I was correct there but wrong in the possibility to use it on site unless i can help here. 
I been trying for more then a week now whiteout getting any ware close to solving the problem
I like what K2 can do, But hate (with capitals)  how it list categorys,,

i want category's to be listed something similar to Joomla "Category Table" list example: if i have the category's...

Webdesign  - mainCat1

testcat1
testcat2 

Testcat is here children category's to maincat1, what i simple want is when someone go to maincat1 or any category, the children category's is to be listed alphabetic under each other in a list similar to jomblas "category list layout"
meaning simple list Whiteout the annoying big space between or the text "View Items..." how do i remove that.

in other word how do i make the category list in K2 to display items like jomblas "category list layout"???

alt. original view would be ok if i could remove the text "view items" under every children cat and make the space between the category's smaller

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #86372 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic last try, before i give up
Mar,

This can be "easily" done by overriding the K2 original template and changing some php/css code for the K2 itemlist view.

Follow the instructions of the K2 templating note and modify this file :

'template/YOUR_JOOMLA_TEMPLATE/html/com_k2/templates/newsubtemplate/category.php' to remove what you want.

For this big space, just edit the k2.css file or better, install the onecssk2 plugin to override the K2 css with the one from your K2 template...

If it's not clear for you, you can skype me @ jiliko.net

Olivier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.