Keyword

K2 Information page and Content Image upload - returns blank pages

• Georgi Maleshkov
  • Georgi Maleshkov's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #86522 by Georgi Maleshkov
Dear Members,i try to install K2 component on our site, after the installation don't have any error messages, but when i try to see the K2 information page - server redirect me to blank page, same when i try to upload a image. System information:FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASEPHP ver. 5.2.9Joomla! 1.5.14 StableApache/2.2.11MySQL 5.0.81Thank you very much for your suggestions.With regards,G.M.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #86523 by william white
Turn your error reporting to highest and see if you can get an error

• Georgi Maleshkov
  • Georgi Maleshkov's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #86524 by Georgi Maleshkov
I set the maximum level of error reporting but again the pages are blank.

More
14 years 2 months ago #86525 by william white
Try another browzer first, but if you cannot get an error you cannot know what to fix
If this is a new site, try uninstall and reinstall k2 with its extensions
If this is an old site, have you added an extension or plugin lately...if so disable them and test

More
14 years 2 months ago #86526 by theandygram
I'm having the exact same problem with a blank page appearing when trying to upload images. This is not a new site. Can you tell me where error reporting is controlled. I can't find it. I have also tried another browser and am having the same problem.

Thanks,
Andy

More
14 years 2 months ago #86527 by william white
Joomla - Global Settings - Server Tab - Error Reporting to highest
Also try switching templates...

More
14 years 2 months ago #86528 by theandygram
OK, I tried this but it didn't make any difference. I turned error reporting to max, changed templates and still was not able to upload the image. I still get the blank page after trying to save the changes after adding a photo and when I go back in it isn't there. Another thing that is interesting. When I go to browse the server to look for an image, it will only allow me to actually go into the images/stories directory. It won't let me go into any other directories.

William White said:Joomla - Global Settings - Server Tab - Error Reporting to highest Also try switching templates...

More
14 years 2 months ago #86529 by william white
Common causes of white screens are errors and getting the things below correct to start with can help reduce them.
Since you cannot load the information page , if switching templates does not show you your information page i would backup and reinstall k2 first, joomla if necessary.

Check these things, all of which may not be causing a problem, but are general k2 settings.
Go to Components - K2 and click the Information link
Gd Image Library - should have something in it
Multibite String - should be enabled
upload limit - can affect images and other things from uploading

If all this is well,
Check the permissions on the Media folder and its subfolders, especially /media/k2 and its subfolders
Also check the permissions on the httpdocs/cache folder
Try setting these permissions to 755 first, then 777 if nothing else works (Not a Good Idea to leave them like this)

More
14 years 2 months ago #86530 by theandygram
OK, here's what I see.

GD image library - bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
(when I go to get images, they seem to live in images/stories still and I can't get any higher up in the directory structure above images. I click on it and it won't go up a level.)
Multi-bite string is enabled.
Max File Upload is at

I couldn't find the httpsdocs/cache, can you tell me where that lives?

Tried changing the permissions on the remote directory and that didn't help either.

If this helps at all I just did an update on Joomla yesterday from 1.5.9 to 1.5.20. If I had to reinstall this all I'm not sure where I would even start.

Thank you for your help, William!

Andy

William White said:Common causes of white screens are errors and getting the things below correct to start with can help reduce them. Since you cannot load the information page , if switching templates does not show you your information page i would backup and reinstall k2 first, joomla if necessary.
Check these things, all of which may not be causing a problem, but are general k2 settings.
Go to Components - K2 and click the Information link
Gd Image Library - should have something in it
Multibite String - should be enabled
upload limit - can affect images and other things from uploading

If all this is well,
Check the permissions on the Media folder and its subfolders, especially /media/k2 and its subfolders
Also check the permissions on the httpdocs/cache folder
Try setting these permissions to 755 first, then 777 if nothing else works (Not a Good Idea to leave them like this)

More
14 years 2 months ago #86531 by william white
Did you reinstall k2 as well?