Keyword

Can someone help me with these customisations if they are possible please...

• gerald sisimayi
  • gerald sisimayi's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 week ago #86610 by gerald sisimayi
Yes guys, I have this installed in the system since I installed K2. The problem is how it outputs the data, which is as one long output which doesn`t format correctly at times.

What I need is for the long output to be put in a more compact output, hence I was thinking of tabs purely for output since I wouldnt want then to be scrolling down pages for the full profile.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #86611 by Marty Peet
hey Gem, if you've already installed and are using the extended fields plugin all you're looking for is the tabs layout yeh? You should be able to find the code that renders the output in whatever files are used and put those individual sections in tabs using my previous post quite easily.

gemasis sydawn said:Yes guys, I have this installed in the system since I installed K2. The problem is how it outputs the data, which is as one long output which doesn`t format correctly at times.
What I need is for the long output to be put in a more compact output, hence I was thinking of tabs purely for output since I wouldnt want then to be scrolling down pages for the full profile.

• gerald sisimayi
More
14 years 1 week ago #86612 by gerald sisimayi
Hmm,

I`m seeing abit of light now, so what you are saying is find the code that manipulates the user defined fields and place this in the tabs? So that means I need the absolute paths correct? Also, how do I actually call each user defined field individually ? Look in phpmyadmin for references ?

More
14 years 1 week ago #86613 by Marty Peet
Yep, that's it, actually find the code that renders the profile output to your browser and put that in the tabs

gemasis sydawn said:Hmm, I`m seeing abit of light now, so what you are saying is find the code that manipulates the user defined fields and place this in the tabs? So that means I need the absolute paths correct? Also, how do I actually call each user defined field individually ? Look in phpmyadmin for references ?

• gerald sisimayi
More
14 years 6 days ago #86614 by gerald sisimayi
Hi there,

So this seems to be the code:

BUT my question is how can I call each individual extra field based on the above code, I am pretty weak on this section of coding.

• gerald sisimayi
More
14 years 5 days ago #86615 by gerald sisimayi
Hello Marty,

I tried everything but couldnt get it to work. Thanx for trying to help though.

G

More
14 years 5 days ago #86616 by Marty Peet
Hey G, I'm a bit confused about what you have installed/implemented on your site to display your k2 user data/profile so I'll use another page as an example. Open/view your k2 item.php file . You'll see that it outputs content withintabs. The very first is the k2Container div and inside that div is the itemHeader div. If you wanted to split ALL k2 pages into tabbed content you would wrap the itemHeader div in tabs and so on down the page. You need to do this to whatever page is rendering your user profile content.
Your last post had no code displayed?

gemasis sydawn said:Hello Marty,
I tried everything but couldnt get it to work. Thanx for trying to help though.

G

• gerald sisimayi
More
14 years 5 days ago #86617 by gerald sisimayi
Hello,

Yes I am aware of what you have said, my problem is that my items extra fields has around 20 - 30 fields in it, so to put them into 1 tab wouldnt be good enough, so I need to split the extra fields tab into 4 - 5 smaller tabs with 4 or so tabs into each. This is what I cannot code correctly.

More
14 years 5 days ago #86618 by william white
You may be able to accomplish this by addressing the extr fields differently than the foreach loop using
you can get the extra fields like this if it suits your needs
$custom = $this->item->extra_fields;
and then addressing extra fields for the item like
echo $custom[1]->value;

Maby calling the first four into a tab, then calling the next four into a tab, etc etc
it will be trickey