Keyword

Can someone help me with these customisations if they are possible please...

• gerald sisimayi
  • gerald sisimayi's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86600 by gerald sisimayi
Hello, I am relatively new to K2 but not to Joomla. This is what I want to do:1 - I want the users in 1 category to be only able to add 1 item, This in essence will then become their profile (not the mypage profile)2 - I want to be able to have more than 1 image gallery per itemI would be very greatful if anyone can help in the above with possible solutions / workarounds. Am willing to pay a small amount too if need be.Thanx in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #86601 by Marty Peet
Hey Gem,

RE your first question, the profile one, I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here?

RE the image galleries, the built-in k2 image gallery function uses the Joomla Works Simple Image Gallery PRO plugin. The plugin allows you to create multiple image galleries and link them in your articles using the {gallery}My new photo Gallery{/gallery} linkage. For usage instructions, go to your Plugin manager and click on the plugin, usage instructions are included. All you need to do is make sure that the folder you create to hold your images is in the correct path.

RE tabs in articles, you need to download/install the Tabs & Slides in content items plugin (also from Joomla Works) Read the usage instructions, very simple to implement using the {tabname1}your content{tabname2}more content{/tabs} linkage

Good luck!!!

• gerald sisimayi
More
14 years 1 week ago #86602 by gerald sisimayi
Hello sir,

Want I want is basically for the extra information of each item to be broken up into tabs, so for example
tab 1 - Name, address, tel no
tab 2 - work experience (multiple fields)
tab 3 - Video sample work
tab 4 - references

Is there anyway to do such a thing

Marty Peet said:Hey Gem,
RE your first question, the profile one, I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here?

RE the image galleries, the built-in k2 image gallery function uses the Joomla Works Simple Image Gallery PRO plugin. The plugin allows you to create multiple image galleries and link them in your articles using the {gallery}My new photo Gallery{/gallery} linkage. For usage instructions, go to your Plugin manager and click on the plugin, usage instructions are included. All you need to do is make sure that the folder you create to hold your images is in the correct path.

RE tabs in articles, you need to download/install the Tabs & Slides in content items plugin (also from Joomla Works) Read the usage instructions, very simple to implement using the {tabname1}your content{tabname2}more content{/tabs} linkage

Good luck!!!

More
14 years 1 week ago #86603 by Marty Peet
Hey Gem

Yes, the answer to your question is in my first answer ;-], 3rd paragraph, download/install the Tabs & Slides plugin...

gemasis sydawn said:Hello sir,
Want I want is basically for the extra information of each item to be broken up into tabs, so for example
tab 1 - Name, address, tel no
tab 2 - work experience (multiple fields)
tab 4 - references

Is there anyway to do such a thing

Marty Peet said:Hey Gem, RE your first question, the profile one, I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here?

Good luck!!!

• gerald sisimayi
More
14 years 1 week ago #86604 by gerald sisimayi
Hmm,

Ok, I understand. My problem is this though. I would like this customisation to be profiles for my members. So under this method, I would need to go into each and every profile and customise it accordingly putting in the plugin syntax correct?

More
14 years 1 week ago #86605 by Marty Peet
OK, now I get what you're trying to do. To automate it you're going to require a k2 plugin, so that the core of k2 isn't hacked, or as you say you could do it manually for each profile. You would probably create an over-ride template and create a customised profile.php file

How many profiles do you have?

gemasis sydawn said:Hmm, Ok, I understand. My problem is this though. I would like this customisation to be profiles for my members. So under this method, I would need to go into each and every profile and customise it accordingly putting in the plugin syntax correct?

• gerald sisimayi
More
14 years 1 week ago #86606 by gerald sisimayi
Well 320 so far. I have just seen a new module added, I believe it is called BNR or something. Now that could be another alternative BUT it would especially need to be able to breakdown the extra fields to different module positions, so once again the module would need to be hacked.

My problem is I want the whole process to automate. So once someone joins I give them an item (or Mysql query auto assigns one to them) and they can fill in all their details accordingly.

Marty Peet said:OK, now I get what you're trying to do. To automate it you're going to require a k2 plugin, so that the core of k2 isn't hacked, or as you say you could do it manually for each profile. How many profiles do you have?
gemasis sydawn said:Hmm, Ok, I understand. My problem is this though. I would like this customisation to be profiles for my members. So under this method, I would need to go into each and every profile and customise it accordingly putting in the plugin syntax correct?

More
14 years 1 week ago #86607 by Marty Peet
Looking back at your previous posting you want tabs that will contain information in the following blocks:

tab 1 - Personal Info: Name, address, tel no
tab 2 - Work Experience (multiple fields)
tab 4 - References

To create/edit/store that information you're gonna need a new database table/tables, (unless as you say you go for a k2 item and use the extra fields functionality) You will then need to create a customised profile.php file and use it via a k2 template over-ride. If you want I can get you a quote?

gemasis sydawn said:Well 320 so far. I have just seen a new module added, I believe it is called BNR or something. Now that could be another alternative BUT it would especially need to be able to breakdown the extra fields to different module positions, so once again the module would need to be hacked. My problem is I want the whole process to automate. So once someone joins I give them an item (or Mysql query auto assigns one to them) and they can fill in all their details accordingly.

Marty Peet said:OK, now I get what you're trying to do. To automate it you're going to require a k2 plugin, so that the core of k2 isn't hacked, or as you say you could do it manually for each profile. How many profiles do you have? gemasis sydawn said:Hmm, Ok, I understand. My problem is this though. I would like this customisation to be profiles for my members. So under this method, I would need to go into each and every profile and customise it accordingly putting in the plugin syntax correct?

More
14 years 1 week ago #86608 by Marty Peet
Hey Gem, I just remembered/had a thought, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere up here about a new API that is being created to EXTEND the k2 extra fields capability, that might be worth looking into as well...

Here it is, see if this fits your requirements, if not get back to me

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/k2-exten...

Marty Peet said:Looking back at your previous posting you want tabs that will contain information in the following blocks: tab 1 - Personal Info: Name, address, tel no
tab 2 - Work Experience (multiple fields)
tab 4 - References

To create/edit/store that information you're gonna need a new database table/tables, (unless as you say you go for a k2 item and use the extra fields functionality) You will then need to create a customised profile.php file and use it via a k2 template over-ride. If you want I can get you a quote?

gemasis sydawn said:Well 320 so far. I have just seen a new module added, I believe it is called BNR or something. Now that could be another alternative BUT it would especially need to be able to breakdown the extra fields to different module positions, so once again the module would need to be hacked. My problem is I want the whole process to automate. So once someone joins I give them an item (or Mysql query auto assigns one to them) and they can fill in all their details accordingly. Marty Peet said:OK, now I get what you're trying to do. To automate it you're going to require a k2 plugin, so that the core of k2 isn't hacked, or as you say you could do it manually for each profile. How many profiles do you have? gemasis sydawn said:Hmm, Ok, I understand. My problem is this though. I would like this customisation to be profiles for my members. So under this method, I would need to go into each and every profile and customise it accordingly putting in the plugin syntax correct?

More
14 years 1 week ago #86609 by Simon Wells
Hi Guys,
There is the User Extended Fields Plugin.
Once installed, any new registration have additional profile fields, these are also availabled to edit within the user profile page at any time.
Take a look community.getk2.org/xn/detail/3536014%3ABlogPost%3A57007

Simon
K2 Support