Keyword

Can somebody explain how i can use rounded template in K2? I beg you.

• hasan celiktas
  • hasan celiktas's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86623 by hasan celiktas
I made a mistake! I loved and bought "rounded template" from "k2joom.com".It's instruction is like this:Installation
Simply upload the supplied zip file to your server and then extracting the contents.

Move the k2.css file found in the supplied css folder to your Joomla templates css folder.All that is left to do is then to select Rounded as the template within your K2 Category Parameters.

It is not a "simply" thing for me. I'm an idiot and can not understand how can i do it. I mailed to Simon and he gives answers that doesn't satisfy me. I sent the pictures 10 hours ago that he is asked, and me, the idiot; the first one that has a problem about this very satisfying explanation is still waiting for a solution.I bought many component for joomla for years. And this is the first time, i bump into a situtation like this. Everyone making step by step picture documentation. But here, "it is so simple" that no needed.Also if i can't do it myself with that beatiful explanation, i need to send money for help. Everybody can make mistakes... Everybody...K2 is very beatiful, but support is crap. When you've a problem, you've to prey that somebody has is also and someone gives answers.I am still waiting!!! Can someone explain step by step how i can make this rounded template working step by step as telling to an idiot!Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #86624 by william white
Have you created a k2 override before?
The trick is to put the files in the correct place and then edit them to your liking. In your case just to put the files in the correct place.
I think the major problem people have is getting the files where they go as there is no install routine like a plugin or component.
The override is an "addition" to the html folder under the template you are using.
see community.getk2.org/notes/Templating_in_K2
Until one works thru it and sees it work they are not idots, only learning and everyone is on different levels. Some want to learn it, and others want only to pay someone for it to be done. Either way its ok

• hasan celiktas
More
14 years 1 month ago #86625 by hasan celiktas
"Some want to learn it, and others want only to pay someone for it to be done. Either way its ok"

that's a comment that i can say ok. But think! You are getting a TV without a manual. The firm didn't give an exact manual, and when you asked they replied: "It is so easy to manage our TV". But how? Then they said, we can help you to use it but give us money.

Is this correct. I tried everything that has written here or Simon's site.

I just want my site looking like here: k2joom.com/k2-templates/rounded-k2joom-template/item-example

I paid for this. But get nothing, but nerveous breakdowns.

This is the crappiest part of K2. This forum is full of unanswered questions. Even paid one's are the same.

• hasan celiktas
More
14 years 1 month ago #86626 by hasan celiktas
At last! Simon made a new instruction to the template and now i can do it. :)

A good move, thank you simon. :)