Keyword

Blank Screen after Image Upload - Need options advice please.

• Just Organize Your Stuff JOYS
  • Just Organize Your Stuff JOYS's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86644 by Just Organize Your Stuff JOYS
Blank Screen after Image Upload - Need options advice please. was created by Just Organize Your Stuff JOYS
I searched and found others with this challenge with no real solution provided.The image uploads to the media folder, screen goes blank, and image is not saved in item.Not sure how to remedy this and I need to find a solution fast because my site relies heavily on these uploaded images for consistency.The category image uploads fine and frankly... if showing the category image where an option that would rock! So how do I do that, show a category image in my item view. (there is already and option to show the category, so possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #86645 by william white
Did the site ever upload images correctly with out the blank screen and item view worked?

Are you using sig pro?

Is your cache folder writable?
Showing category images in the item view may be possible, but would probably mess something else up later on

More
14 years 1 month ago #86646 by Just Organize Your Stuff JOYS
Replied by Just Organize Your Stuff JOYS on topic Blank Screen after Image Upload - Need options advice please.
Did the site ever upload images correctly with out the blank screen and item view worked? Yes.

Are you using sig pro? No

Is your cache folder writable? Yes

Showing category images in the item view may be possible, but would probably mess something else up later on :(

I actually decided to try a totally clean install. new joomla, new k2 that didn't work either.

More
14 years 1 month ago #86647 by william white
If you are using sig free version, i assume that you had problems getting it to work as most have.
Have you upgraded k2 since you installed sig?

More
14 years 1 month ago #86648 by Just Organize Your Stuff JOYS
Replied by Just Organize Your Stuff JOYS on topic Blank Screen after Image Upload - Need options advice please.
I have Simple Image Gallery PRO but I am not using it. The plugin is off.

I just did a clean install of the most recent version of joomla 1.5.20 and k2 today.

More
14 years 1 month ago #86649 by william white
Sorry, I have missed or misintreped your question. You are uploading the item image....not a gallery.
Blank screens indicate an error. Have you turned error reporting up high in the global settings server tab to see if it will tell you what wrong?

More
14 years 1 month ago #86650 by Just Organize Your Stuff JOYS
"error reporting up high in the global settings server tab to see if it will tell you what wrong."

Not sure where this is. On a mac localhost firefox? is it in joomla?

More
14 years 1 month ago #86651 by william white
load the offending page, there may now be an error instead of a blank page

More
14 years 1 month ago #86652 by Lefteris
Hi, I have a similar problem. I upoload the image for a category description, but it fails and give only the categroy name in a sort of text box image in the place of the default folder image???

Cathy Anderson said:I have Simple Image Gallery PRO but I am not using it. The plugin is off.
I just did a clean install of the most recent version of joomla 1.5.20 and k2 today.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
13 years 10 months ago #86653 by Caslav Vujotic
I have same problem too? Any help?