Keyword

Blank Screen after Image Upload - Need options advice please.

More
13 years 10 months ago #86654 by Adviesmanager.nl
I am having the same problem. I am able to add images to articles which show up after CHMOD 777 in media/k2/cache/items.
CHMOD 777 is not desirable though. But even with 777 I am unable to succesfully show category images.
I am able to choose an image. I get no error. Then all I see in backend is the name of the picture, in a boxed frame.

When I enable all options in category (frontend view), all I see is a little box with the name of the picture in it. Not the picture itself.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #86655 by Adrian Paun
It seems like I have the same problem.

I use Joomla for about a year, and never seems to have a problem like this on other components that i've been using. Before i've choose to install the K2 component, i was using ZOO application bundled, but they've upgrade the ZOO to work only with mootools 1.2.4 and my template does not suport it, and I dont want to use they're template.

So, when i choose to add a new item in K2, it works normaly, I cand add a title, a text, tag's, etc, but when i go to Image, to upload one image, not a gallery image, i can choose the picture I want, i can add the Item image caption, etc, and when i save this article it apears a blank image.

If i do the same thing to that article, but not add an image, it works perfectly. Any ideas why ?

More
13 years 10 months ago #86656 by Adviesmanager.nl
SOLVED!

At least I can set it up. It is all CMHMOD for me! I was able to add images to articles but not to categories.

In the end I succeeded only after CHMODDING 777 to /media/k2/categories AND /media/k2/items/cache/ AND /media/categories/items/

Because I feel very uncomfertable with 777, I set these back to 755 after uploading all images to categories.
The images still show up.

PLease let me now if this also works for you. I think it will.

More
13 years 10 months ago #86657 by Adrian Paun
It didn't solve the problem if you go in the back-end on components - K2 - information, i get all the necessary diretories as writhable, so it's not that in my case, i just done what you describe, but still not working.

More
13 years 4 months ago #86658 by Ciprian
I got the same problem also, the only way I could still publish a image for my items, was to manually create the md5 hash, using an md5 hash generator website (you can find on google) and then duplicate the image file 6 times, and add after the name of each of the files the following suffixes: _Generic, _L, _M, _S, _XL, _XS and upload them to media/k2/items/cache

You may also need to upload to media/k2/items/src the image file but without any suffix.

It's a pain but I'm only publishing one item a week or something so I can live with it.

The problem only appears to be on the website that is on the public server, on my localhost I can use it with no problems, as long as I resize my pictures to the same aspect ratio as the one appearing on the website.

I tried to chmod, the entire website to 777 and still it's not working so it's not a chmod problem, at lest, not for me.