Keyword

Just added K2 last week.. thought user blogging was working, but users can't create entries

• Kirby Russell
  • Kirby Russell's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86710 by Kirby Russell
Got myself in a can of worms.  had someone load k2 and thought registered users were able to create blog entries, but no.  Strangely, I'm a "registered" user and can create blog entries, but a new user can not.

I'd appreciate some clear direction please.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kirby Russell
More
14 years 1 month ago #86711 by Kirby Russell
What is see is that this is the same problem as it was listed here: community.getk2.org/forum/topics/add-new-item-dose-not-show-in

• Kirby Russell
More
14 years 1 month ago #86712 by Kirby Russell
Actually i don't think so..

Kirby Russell said:What is see is that this is the same problem as it was listed here: community.getk2.org/forum/topics/add-new-item-dose-not-show-in

• Kirby Russell
More
14 years 1 month ago #86713 by Kirby Russell
in parameters i have "enable front-end editing Yes"
I have Yes on all assigned permissions for this group - on all groups.
Extra fields groups assigned to categories
etc..

but no "Add Item"

More
14 years 1 month ago #86714 by william white
Enable front end editing in K2 paramaters
Create a category for Blogs
Create a usergroup called bloggers
set the permissions in this group - post comments, front end editing, add items, edit own items, and publish items to yes
and check the category you created Blogs

Make sure Joomla login is disabled and k2 login is enabled
Make sure plugin k2_users is enabled
Create a couple of users from the Joomla backend (not k2 users - as there isnt a link there for that
Go over to K2 users and set the new users you find to the k2 usergroup of bloggers
Create a menu item - Item Listing User (blog) and select user1
Do the same for user 2
From the front end
Go to the k2 login screen and login as user1
Add a new item and save it ( if you have problems with the add item page change your screen resolution to high so you can see the x ...save first then x
click the menu choice that you created for user1

Im sure there are other ways, but this is a start
add a new item from the

• Kirby Russell
More
14 years 1 month ago #86715 by Kirby Russell
Thank you for the quick response. This is great as a process of verification. I have it all set up correctly. But the way i *just* fixed it. I went into "users", all users were already set to "Registered (Imported from Joomla!)", but I selected one user that wasn't seeing "Add item", I changed that user to a different k2 group, then I selected k2 group "Registered (Imported from Joomla!)" again. then checked same user and voila - i see "Add item". So i selected all users and selected "Registered (Imported from Joomla!)", even though all the users showed this K2 group had already been set. I re-checked several users exhibiting the problem and... no more problem.

Magic i guess.

Thanks.

William White said:Enable front end editing in K2 paramatersCreate a category for BlogsCreate a usergroup called bloggersset the permissions in this group - post comments, front end editing, add items, edit own items, and publish items to yesand check the category you created BlogsMake sure Joomla login is disabled and k2 login is enabledMake sure plugin k2_users is enabledCreate a couple of users from the Joomla backend (not k2 users - as there isnt a link there for thatGo over to K2 users and set the new users you find to the k2 usergroup of bloggersCreate a menu item - Item Listing User (blog) and select user1Do the same for user 2From the front endGo to the k2 login screen and login as user1Add a new item and save it ( if you have problems with the add item page change your screen resolution to high so you can see the x ...save first then xclick the menu choice that you created for user1Im sure there are other ways, but this is a startadd a new item from the