Keyword

SubCategory Items Counter miscalculates the items

• Miltiadis bouchalakis
  • Miltiadis bouchalakis's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86725 by Miltiadis bouchalakis
SubCategory Items Counter miscalculates the items was created by Miltiadis bouchalakis
Hello i have Created a menu item with a type Category(K2 » Itemlist / Category)In menu item parameters i have selected a single Category which have many SubcategoriesThe category has 0 items and has catalog layout.The problem is that counter displays the wrong numbers for the subcategories e.g one subcategory(without child subcategories) may have 3 items and the counter says 15 items

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #86726 by abac3w
I have the same problem. The item counter of category is correct, but the number of subcategories is incorrect.

All my subcategories inherit the parameters of the parent category and it has the catalog mode = "no".

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help

More
14 years 1 month ago #86727 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic SubCategory Items Counter miscalculates the items
I am going to take a look into this later as I run the same menus type on both k2joom.com and simon.getk2.org
The only difference is, that I do not show the count in the category view.

I will give an update later.

Simon
K2 Support

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #86728 by David R.
Any luck on this Simon?

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:I am going to take a look into this later as I run the same menus type on both k2joom.com and simon.getk2.org The only difference is, that I do not show the count in the category view.

Simon
K2 Support

More
13 years 10 months ago #86729 by EXPORT QUALITY
Replied by EXPORT QUALITY on topic SubCategory Items Counter miscalculates the items
Here I am with the same problem.

Some sub-categories are empty and it shows a wrong count.

More
13 years 10 months ago #86730 by Lefteris
Hi. Please upgrade your K2 installation to the latest available version (2.4.1).

EXPORT QUALITY said:Here I am with the same problem.
Some sub-categories are empty and it shows a wrong count.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
13 years 10 months ago #86731 by EXPORT QUALITY
Replied by EXPORT QUALITY on topic SubCategory Items Counter miscalculates the items
2.4.1 is the right solution, thanks!

More
13 years 3 months ago #86732 by Jasper Newton
Replied by Jasper Newton on topic SubCategory Items Counter miscalculates the items
Hey simon,

Is there any further on this? I have K2 2.4.1 installed and it still displays 0 in the category count, even though there is sub categories within the category with items in?

Many thanks in advance, Jasper.

FYI, the problem I am experiencing is displayed here: www.tdbart.com/sketches

I'd appreciate any updates or ideas. As you can see from the link, the Category says (0) even though there are subcategories below with items in. It appears the Subcategory displays the correct number?

Jasper

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:

I am going to take a look into this later as I run the same menus type on both k2joom.com and simon.getk2.org The only difference is, that I do not show the count in the category view.

Simon
K2 Support