Keyword

K2 sub-categories use wrong menu for module placement

• Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #86745 by Nick
It is so difficult to set the right menu item for k2 so i can propperly modules in on k2 pages...currently all categories and items use the home menu item... I'm running an anime website with the following set up:Airing animeDVDBlurayThose are the main categories and i have subcategories in them with all the items (shows)These categories are under the menu item Anime Downloads (as a dropdown) which links to airing anime itself when clicked.However all the items and sub categories (the categories displaying all the items) use the home menu item to place all the modules but I don't want that!Even though i'm using a Rockettheme template and use the right menu item for menuless pages, k2 still uses "home" as the menu item to place the modules on the page...How to fix this?...Here's my site: www.animekyun.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nick
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #86746 by Nick
BUMP TO THE EXTREME!

More
14 years 1 month ago #86747 by Simon Wells
Remember, you can create new menus but not actually publish the menu module.
By doing so, you are setting up the menu links that would link to the relevant category or item.
Then, the menu links will be listed in the module you want to publish.

This is a technique used to create custom 404 error messages from a Joomla article, but thats another story.

Does that Help?

Simon
K2 Support

• Nick
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #86748 by Nick
Well not really because K2 for some reason has orphan items... they don't belong to any menu item or they are not assigned propperly. I have MANY cases where there's either NO modules to the sides, or the modules of the homepage appear at the item. The thing is that K2 does NOT have a specific menu item assigned to it. I mean, i can make a K2 menu item but what kind of type should i make it so i can place the relevant modules there... hoping that it would solve my problem..

More
13 years 10 months ago #86749 by Markus Thiel
I think your problem is Itemid.. I have a simular problem and was forced to create a menu item to each category (over 250 items)... time consuming but it did the job!

Nick Tsutsunava said:Well not really because K2 for some reason has orphan items... they don't belong to any menu item or they are not assigned propperly. I have MANY cases where there's either NO modules to the sides, or the modules of the homepage appear at the item. The thing is that K2 does NOT have a specific menu item assigned to it. I mean, i can make a K2 menu item but what kind of type should i make it so i can place the relevant modules there... hoping that it would solve my problem..