Keyword

When add old articles they appear as a recent article at the top..

• Kirby Russell
  • Kirby Russell's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86771 by Kirby Russell
There must be something I'm missing.  For all categories I've selected ordering by date, but if I add an article today and set the creation date to May 11th, it still shows at the top above something for August 6th.

thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #86772 by Oceanwatcher
Where does it show above something for August 6th? Frontend or backend?

And how do you display the articles in the frontend?

• Kirby Russell
  • Kirby Russell's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86773 by Kirby Russell
On backend shows the article at the top of all articles when unsorted by category. When sorted for its category (Press Releases), for which I have 4 categories, then it is listed properly under other articles in the same category with more recent dates. On the front end it is displayed at the top as the most recent article added even though date is August 6th.

Svein Wisnaes said:Where does it show above something for August 6th? Frontend or backend?And how do you display the articles in the frontend?

More
14 years 1 month ago #86774 by Oceanwatcher
Backend: This is correct. If you do not sort it according to any specific thing, it should show the latest added on top. I believe this goes according to the ID of the article.

What goes on in the front end depends on what you use to display the article. So we need more information on this. Do you have a link?

Kirby Russell said:On backend shows the article at the top of all articles when unsorted by category. When sorted for its category (Press Releases), for which I have 4 categories, then it is listed properly under other articles in the same category with more recent dates. On the front end it is displayed at the top as the most recent article added even though date is August 6th.
Svein Wisnaes said:Where does it show above something for August 6th? Frontend or backend?And how do you display the articles in the frontend?

• Ewoud Vreugdenhil
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #86775 by Ewoud Vreugdenhil
Sorry for breaking in but I have the same problem. I have a menu item called Screenshots. This menu item has 2 categories: Screenshots TDU 1 and Screenshots TDU 2. I first created all articles for Screenshots TDU 2 but now I want to add old articles to Screenshots TDU 1, for example with a date of 26-07-2007. But when adding the article it shows at the top of the page. You can see it in the attachment. I am testing it locally. I can give you a link to my live site, wchich is www.testdriveunlimited.nl, but I will not add the articles if they show on top.

Please let me know if you need more info.