Keyword

duplicate content and no SEO URL strucure - /itemlist/ in the URL

• Herbert Josefus
  • Herbert Josefus's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86785 by Herbert Josefus
Hello,

I build my website with joomal and K2.On the one hand the website works with a normal URL-structure:

www.example.org/verzeichnis1/verzeichnis2/artikel

and the in the other hand with a "confused" URL-structure:

www.example.org/verzeichnis1/verzeichnis2/artikel/itemlist/category/17-verzeichnis1?start=14

There are a lot of different combinations of this "confusing" URL-structure, I don' know why joomla or K2 creates it like this.

How to turn of alle the URLs with /itemlist/category etc. inside??I just want to use the normal structure!Thanks and best regardsHerbert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Herbert Josefus
  • Herbert Josefus's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #86786 by Herbert Josefus
I still have this problem! Does anybody know a solution?

More
13 years 4 months ago #86787 by Josh
Hi

I am having this problem and am still trying to solve it.

In my case, I have the url such as

www.winelands.co.za/home/item/485-nature-discovery-quad-and-motorcycle-tours

This url is not even published on the homepage yet is still accessible via the home link as above ie /home/item/etc

I can also suffix any folder name/path with any file/page name and the url seems to work strangely.

Eg /restaurants/item/122-wijnhuis-stellenbosch - correct url structure

The I can also access the same page via /tours/item/122-wijnhuis-stellenbosch

The wijnhuis-stellenbosch page is not linked to a menu. It is found only within the category in restaurants however it is being indexed in GWT as being in the incorrect folder in this case, tours.

I have seen this problem on quite a few urls and have been struggling to find any information on the cause.

It's quite serious as the pages are being found as duplicate pages by Google.

Has anybody else had this problem? Any solutions?

Any suggestion or feedback would be much appreciated.

More
13 years 4 months ago #86788 by Albert
I think that is Joomla's flaw.  If it isn't connected to a menu, you get duplicate urls.  Redirecting them is probably the only way via .htaccess, or SEF 3rd party plugin like sh404sef.

More
13 years 4 months ago #86789 by Josh
hi iLLet

Thanks for the input. So am I correct in mu understanding that all items within multiple categories, nested within a main category will have this "duplicate url" issue unless each article is connected to a menu item?

How would you suggest using htaccess for the example above? How could one specify that articles should only be accessible via their actual correct published url path in htaccess? It's easy to write redirect / rewrite urls to catch urls meeting specific rules but because there are so many possibilities for different urls that I wouldn't know where to begin.

eg. Eg /restaurants/item/122-wijnhuis-stellenbosch - correct url structure

could also be /tours/item/122-wijnhuis-stellenbosch

or even /news/item/122-wijnhuis-stellenbosch

I have so many items/articles that to put menu links to each one is not really an option.

Has nobody else experienced this problem too? Did you put menu items in for all articles as a fix?

Any input much appreciated.