Keyword

custom layout templates k2.css not working with plugin

• michael neese
  • michael neese's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86802 by michael neese
k2 v2.3, joomla 1.5.20...'one css per k2 template' plugin, latest
i have custom templates for categories installed correctly, at least I can see the multiple choices available through the category interface...
I also have the plugin 'one css per k2 template installed'...yet when using firebug to make changes for the category display, the changes must be made in the k2.css file located in the 'components/com-k2/css' directory as opposed to a k2.css file located in the 'templates/mytemplate/html/com_k2/templates/newcategorytemplate/k2.css'...

So, effectively, i am not using a k2.css file for each distinctive layout template...

How can I accomplish this please...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #86803 by FeSys

• michael neese
More
14 years 1 month ago #86804 by michael neese
Replied by michael neese on topic custom layout templates k2.css not working with plugin
thank you for responding, followeyes...I have correctly setup the templates and they show up in the category templates options (as shown in your link)... I am using the plugin(css4k2) for unique css files to be used for each template, and cannot get this to function as expected...

Does this plugin require a manual installation of the altered k2.css file to be placed in the new template file location along with the other template files? And if so, what would the recommended setting for the plugin to use the new k2.css file along with the new template installation.
Hope this clarifies my question...

• michael neese
More
14 years 1 month ago #86805 by michael neese
Replied by michael neese on topic custom layout templates k2.css not working with plugin
after checking my 'error logs" i find that the manually installed file must be a newly named css file placed in the /templates/yourtemplatename/html/com_k2/templates/yourcustomtemplatefile/yourcustomtemplatefile_style.css...

So, I renamed the master k2.css file (found in /components/com_k2/css) to customtemplate_style.css for each unique custom template...

Hope this makes some sense, but i have found no referrences to what the css file must be named, other than the fact that my error log shows the css file missing...now when I select items in categories that are using a custom layout template, firebug shows me the correct css file being applied...