Keyword

Amazon reviews/comments as K2 Comments.

• Paul MacLennan
  • Paul MacLennan's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86811 by Paul MacLennan
Amazon reviews/comments as K2 Comments. was created by Paul MacLennan
This may seem like an impossible one, but I thought I would ask here first.Do you think it's possible to use Amazon's product reviews as my own?So say I'm selling a XBox, there are plenty reviews for this on amazon.  I would like thosereviews to be on my own site, so looks like people have reviewed this via my site.  Sure I could copy and paste each review LOL but I'm wondering if there's a way to automate this.If anyone has any idea's or pointers on how to achieve this I would be very grateful.Best regards,Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #86812 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Amazon reviews/comments as K2 Comments.
There are automatic content loaders out there for joomla, but many think their use is an infringment. Even if you use this it would end up as articles and not items.
You could always put an rss feed of the reviews into your content if they are avaliable, but when they were opened it would load in amazons site.

• Paul MacLennan
  • Paul MacLennan's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86813 by Paul MacLennan
Replied by Paul MacLennan on topic Amazon reviews/comments as K2 Comments.
Thanks William. Looking at my post I can see something I missed out. I'm looking to get the reviews/comments on amazon as comments on my site. A good idea that you mentioned would be the RSS feed method, but I think they would be articles and probably even native joomla articles at that. I think this maybe a dead end. Thanks anyway for the prompt reply :)

More
14 years 1 month ago #86814 by michael neese
Replied by michael neese on topic Amazon reviews/comments as K2 Comments.
possibly have the item with an "extra fields" link that is linked to the page of reviews...it shows in a java pop-up without leaving your site...or maybe a rss feed within the item itself...or maybe an exotic mashup using some amazon api. I don't know how to do this though...