Keyword

Can't hide "Featured"!!

• Ann Phillis
  • Ann Phillis's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86816 by Ann Phillis
Can't hide "Featured"!! was created by Ann Phillis
Hi, I can't hid the "featured" image although I have turned it off everywhere in the parent category settings! And the item inherits all settings from the category.
I am using "featured" so I can force my 'landing' page for each category/subcategory to show just one item rather than a list.
Can someone tell me how to get rid of the icon, and/or another/better way to show just one item in full on the landing page?
Very grateful for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #86817 by Rory Moulton
Replied by Rory Moulton on topic Can't hide "Featured"!!
I'm having the same problem. Did you ever resolve this? If so, how?

• Ann Phillis
More
13 years 5 months ago #86818 by Ann Phillis
Replied by Ann Phillis on topic Can't hide "Featured"!!
Hi Rory, I ended up making the 'featured' image a blank, so it just didn't show up. Not the ideal solution, but it worked :)

More
13 years 5 months ago #86819 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Can't hide "Featured"!!
By landing do you mean home page?

• Ann Phillis
More
13 years 5 months ago #86820 by Ann Phillis
Replied by Ann Phillis on topic Can't hide "Featured"!!
Both home page, and 'landing pages' for a category. Eg, I set a menu item to open a category page, but on that page I want to show a key item that explains about the category at the top (and keep it at the top), then list other category items by 'most recent' below that.  I didn't want to use the category description option, as I just want to show the 'intro' text and have 'more...' at the bottom - primarily so that visitors new to the site can read it if they want.

More
13 years 5 months ago #86821 by Rory Moulton
Hi Ann, maybe not ideal, but that'll work. Someone on another forum suggested I install the previous version of K2. I don't think that's an option at this point in my site's development. Thanks for the tip.

More
13 years 5 months ago #86822 by Dave Marshall
Replied by Dave Marshall on topic Can't hide "Featured"!!
Just for your information, I was playing with this myself last week and selecting the hide featured notice next to title turns off the "Featured" text to the right of the title but then activates the "featured" icon in the upper right corner of the article. So by default either you show the "Featured" text or the "Featured" icon.   There are three ways I can think of to not show the icon, 1 as mentioned above is to  make the icon a transparent PNG, 2 and probably the most efficient is to go to the K2 CSS around line 127 look for this code " background: url("../images/system/featuredItem.png") no-repeat 100% 0; " and change it to this "  background: none; " or 3 you could go to the template and completly remove the code for the featured icon but only if you know what you are doing. I would recommend the 2nd choice. Hope this helps.

CheersDave

More
13 years 5 months ago #86823 by Rory Moulton
I see. That makes sense.
I found that line of code and was wondering what I could do with it.
Thanks a lot Dave.