Keyword

Disable search for a category or article

• robm
  • robm's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86855 by robm
Hi!

Is is possible to disable the search function in a category or article.I don't want to have some articles to show when you search for it.

Please tell me it is possible ;)

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #86856 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Disable search for a category or article
Do you want to have them showing on the front end and also ?
Try unpublishing the item you dont want to show up and see what happens.

• robm
More
14 years 1 month ago #86857 by robm
Replied by robm on topic Disable search for a category or article
I believe unpublishing is not the right way? Unpublish an item will also not show up on my site?

William White said:Do you want to have them showing on the front end and also ?Try unpublishing the item you dont want to show up and see what happens.

• robm
More
14 years 1 month ago #86858 by robm
Replied by robm on topic Disable search for a category or article
I found this:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/search-a-indexing/site-search/4753

What is Finder?

Finder is an advanced search engine designed from the ground up to be a complete replacement for the built-in search system.

Who Should use Finder?

Finder is designed for small to medium sized Joomla 1.5 sites. It performs best on sites with a few hundred to 25,000 content items. Finder is used on sites like extensions.joomla.org, outdoorphotographer.com, denali.gov, fastrecipes.com, and many more.

Why Should you use Finder?

Finder provides a unique blend of features that is unmatched by any other search engine:

* Natural language processing and indexing to analyze content and establish relevance.
* Advanced search filtering to limit results to specific content types, areas, authors, etc.
* Pre-defined filters and/or search queries.
* AJAX search suggestions based on the actual content of your site.
* Alternative search suggestions when no results could be found (did you mean 'joomla' when searching for 'jomla'?);
* Selectively hide content from search.

What Works with Finder?

* K2 Categories
* K2 Items (including Extra Fields)

I'm going to use this extension the coming days. I let you know my findings about this.
Oh, and I'm not an seller ;) Just to let you know

More
13 years 9 months ago #86859 by Markus Thiel
Replied by Markus Thiel on topic Disable search for a category or article
How was the extension? did you find it useful? Rob Molenaar said:

I found this: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/search-a-indexing/site-sear... What is Finder? Finder is an advanced search engine designed from the ground up to be a complete replacement for the built-in search system. Who Should use Finder? Finder is designed for small to medium sized Joomla 1.5 sites. It performs best on sites with a few hundred to 25,000 content items. Finder is used on sites like extensions.joomla.org, outdoorphotographer.com, denali.gov, fastrecipes.com, and many more. Why Should you use Finder? Finder provides a unique blend of features that is unmatched by any other search engine: * Natural language processing and indexing to analyze content and establish relevance. * Advanced search filtering to limit results to specific content types, areas, authors, etc. * Pre-defined filters and/or search queries. * AJAX search suggestions based on the actual content of your site. * Alternative search suggestions when no results could be found (did you mean 'joomla' when searching for 'jomla'?); * Selectively hide content from search. What Works with Finder? * K2 Categories * K2 Items (including Extra Fields) I'm going to use this extension the coming days. I let you know my findings about this. Oh, and I'm not an seller ;) Just to let you know