Keyword

Any suggestion? Upload files (articles for submission).

• Oceanwatcher
  • Oceanwatcher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #86863 by Oceanwatcher
I am working on an academic site for a journal/magazine and they asked to have a way to submit articles for review through the site.There must be a ton of ways to do this, from using a form to send to an e-mail address to dedicated components that can keep track of the files and allow a registered user to re-submit a file.All files will be either some kind of text document - .doc, .docx, .rtf, .odt or .pdf - possibly zipped.Do you have any experience making something like this or some other upload system? If so, what did you use, and how well did it work?Links to examples?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #86864 by william white
With only K2 you could set it up like a user blog and allow them to add to their "blog" and attach a file to the short message or disc which would not be published, then i think the new category notification plugin that will be coming soon at K2Joom would notify the admins that the items were there.

More
14 years 1 month ago #86865 by Jiliko.net
Thanks William for promoting this coming soon extension...

We (Simon & me) have stopped implementing new features to make first public release available this week.

More details on few features here : simon.getk2.org/blog

Olivier

William White said:With only K2 you could set it up like a user blog and allow them to add to their "blog" and attach a file to the short message or disc which would not be published, then i think the new category notification plugin that will be coming soon at K2Joom would notify the admins that the items were there.

More
14 years 1 month ago #86866 by Simon Wells
I stopped implementing but some one else keeps pressing buttons and making new features :)
Coming very soooooon.

Simon
K2 Support

More
14 years 1 month ago #86867 by Simon Wells
First thing that springs to mind is the K2 User Groups.
Selected user are placed within the User Group which allows them to create from the front end but not publish.
Using the K2MultiNotify, admin would then be notified of a new item so that they can then review and publish.

Unless you need to be able to users create content in other formats, then they could mail to admin to add in.
Unless you want the same as above, but to read the doc or pdf and import it in to a k2 item?

Simon

• Oceanwatcher
  • Oceanwatcher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #86868 by Oceanwatcher
I am afraid nothing like this would be a good solution. It would be a solution if it there were absolutely nothing else available.

It has nothing to do with uploading things ready to get published. By uploading, I mean uploading a PDF. A file. No text into an editor. And it will never be published as it is. It will be reviewed by someone and they will decide if they will ask the person that submitted it to send the rest.

So - a program that acts as some kind of upload repository would be ok. Or I might have to make a form that just sends the file to a mail address.

I was hoping to tap into the collective knowledge of the people here as there is probably at least one person here that has done something like it before. :-)

More
14 years 1 month ago #86869 by william white
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/contacts-and-feedback/forms/1508?qh=YToxOntpOjA7czo1OiJmb3JtcyI7fQ%3D%3D

Svein Wisnaes said:I am afraid nothing like this would be a good solution. It would be a solution if it there were absolutely nothing else available.
It has nothing to do with uploading things ready to get published. By uploading, I mean uploading a PDF. A file. No text into an editor. And it will never be published as it is. It will be reviewed by someone and they will decide if they will ask the person that submitted it to send the rest.

So - a program that acts as some kind of upload repository would be ok. Or I might have to make a form that just sends the file to a mail address.

I was hoping to tap into the collective knowledge of the people here as there is probably at least one person here that has done something like it before. :-)