Keyword

Adding information from "Extra Fields" next to the Article Title

• Alex Blundell
  • Alex Blundell's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86898 by Alex Blundell
Hi. I'm new to K2, so don't fully understand the power of it, but I was wondering if it was possible to setup an Extra Field, say it was called "Rating", and put the value next to the title, aligned to the right? I have a review website, and would like to put the image of the rating (1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 stars) aligned to the right of the title in a category items page (where I display the beginning of many articles on one page). I'd also like to display the rating on the single item display page, next to the title. Is this possible? I'd assume i'd have to create a secondary template to use with it, but have no idea how to implement the value of an extra field. 
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #86899 by william white
There is already a feature of k2 that stores the rating. It can be set to show in both the Item view options in category listings and the Item view when you set up the category. It does not show beside the title to the right, but since its already there rearanging could be done with a k2 override template

• Alex Blundell
  • Alex Blundell's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86900 by Alex Blundell
I know that the user rating is already displayed - I was talking about a rating set by our writers. I've actually managed this myself now by querying the k2_items table for the Extra_fields_search column, and print the first number in the string (the rating field has an ID of 1).