Keyword

Pagebreak button not showing up in K2 items

• AstroJones
  • AstroJones's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #86914 by AstroJones
Hello,I am using K2 v2.3 on my site.  I have just noticed that when creating (or editing) an item in K2, the editor does not give me the pagebreak button at the bottom.  I have verified that the pagebreak plugin is enabled, and it does function correctly for the standard articles.  All of the other buttons are present in the editor, and only the pagebreak button is missing.  I have further installed other editors and confirmed in them as well that there is no pagebreak button (though the other buttons are appearing). 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #86915 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic Pagebreak button not showing up in K2 items
Hi AstroJones,

You have to install the pagebreak plugin :

description : www.joomlaworks.gr/content/view/82/42/
Donwload : www.joomlaworks.net/downloads/?f=plg_jw_uberPageBreak-v1.0_j1.5.zip

Olivier

• AstroJones
More
14 years 2 months ago #86916 by AstroJones
Replied by AstroJones on topic Pagebreak button not showing up in K2 items
Sorry Olivier, I should have mentioned, I do have the plugin you linked to installed. But the issue isn't in my pagebreaks getting displayed. The issue is inside the editor. When I edit joomla articles I have a button at the bottom of the editor to insert pagebreaks. But within the K2 Item editor I don't have the actual pagebreak button at the bottom of the editor. I have the read more button, and the jcomments buttons, but no pagebreak button. And the standard pagebreak plugin for the editors is installed and activated.

Olivier Nolbert said:Hi AstroJones,
You have to install the pagebreak plugin :

Donwload : www.joomlaworks.net/downloads/?f=plg_jw_uberPageBreak-v1.0_j...

Olivier

More
14 years 2 months ago #86917 by Chris Yates
Replied by Chris Yates on topic Pagebreak button not showing up in K2 items
Hi,

This may be a Joomla issue rather than k2 or Joomlaworks.

Neither the standard PageBreak plugin or the Uber version appear to work in the latest Joomla 1.5.20 but do in previous versions of Joomla (1.5.19/1.5.18 and so forth)!

Regards,

CHRIS

AstroJones said:Sorry Olivier, I should have mentioned, I do have the plugin you linked to installed. But the issue isn't in my pagebreaks getting displayed. The issue is inside the editor. When I edit joomla articles I have a button at the bottom of the editor to insert pagebreaks. But within the K2 Item editor I don't have the actual pagebreak button at the bottom of the editor. I have the read more button, and the jcomments buttons, but no pagebreak button. And the standard pagebreak plugin for the editors is installed and activated.
Olivier Nolbert said:Hi AstroJones, You have to install the pagebreak plugin :

Olivier

• AstroJones
More
14 years 2 months ago #86918 by AstroJones
Replied by AstroJones on topic Pagebreak button not showing up in K2 items
Actually I am using Joomla 1.5.20 and both the standard pagebreak button and the uber version are working just fine in my Joomla articles. I've tested with the Standard Editor, the JCE editor, and the JCK editor, and all of them show the pagebreak button fine in the backend, and all of the function as expected. It's only in the K2 Items that the button isn't showing up.

I will add that I can paste in the actual HTML in order to create the pagebreak if I'm in HTML view, but that isn't user friendly and makes it difficult for my contributors to make it work.

Chris Yates said:Hi,
This may be a Joomla issue rather than k2 or Joomlaworks.

Neither the standard PageBreak plugin or the Uber version appear to work in the latest Joomla 1.5.20 but do in previous versions of Joomla (1.5.19/1.5.18 and so forth)!

Regards,

CHRIS

AstroJones said:Sorry Olivier, I should have mentioned, I do have the plugin you linked to installed. But the issue isn't in my pagebreaks getting displayed. The issue is inside the editor. When I edit joomla articles I have a button at the bottom of the editor to insert pagebreaks. But within the K2 Item editor I don't have the actual pagebreak button at the bottom of the editor. I have the read more button, and the jcomments buttons, but no pagebreak button. And the standard pagebreak plugin for the editors is installed and activated. Olivier Nolbert said:Hi AstroJones, You have to install the pagebreak plugin :

Olivier

More
14 years 2 months ago #86919 by Chris Yates
Replied by Chris Yates on topic Pagebreak button not showing up in K2 items
Hi,

Appreciated but I'm saying that pagebreak (either version) doesn't appear to work for Joomla OR k2 articles in a 1.5.20 clean install (created today) but does on latter versions!

It doesn't matter what editor from RokPad to any other flavour.

Reasonable to assume that the issue is peculiar to Joomla 1.5.20 since pagebreak works in other versions therefore.

Regards,

CHRIS

CHRIS

AstroJones said:Actually I am using Joomla 1.5.20 and both the standard pagebreak button and the uber version are working just fine in my Joomla articles. I've tested with the Standard Editor, the JCE editor, and the JCK editor, and all of them show the pagebreak button fine in the backend, and all of the function as expected. It's only in the K2 Items that the button isn't showing up.
I will add that I can paste in the actual HTML in order to create the pagebreak if I'm in HTML view, but that isn't user friendly and makes it difficult for my contributors to make it work.

Chris Yates said:Hi, This may be a Joomla issue rather than k2 or Joomlaworks.

Regards,

CHRIS

AstroJones said:Sorry Olivier, I should have mentioned, I do have the plugin you linked to installed. But the issue isn't in my pagebreaks getting displayed. The issue is inside the editor. When I edit joomla articles I have a button at the bottom of the editor to insert pagebreaks. But within the K2 Item editor I don't have the actual pagebreak button at the bottom of the editor. I have the read more button, and the jcomments buttons, but no pagebreak button. And the standard pagebreak plugin for the editors is installed and activated. Olivier Nolbert said:Hi AstroJones, You have to install the pagebreak plugin : description : www.joomlaworks.gr/content/view/82/42/

Olivier

More
14 years 1 month ago #86920 by srbine82
Replied by srbine82 on topic Pagebreak button not showing up in K2 items
I am having the EXACT same issue. I have Joomla 1.5.20 , K2 2.3 and the Uberpagebreak plugin. Any word on a fix from Joomla Works?

martin said:I have the same problem, the pagebreak button appears quite normally in the TinyMCE when I create a regular joomla article, just if I want to create an K2 article I won't get the pagebreak button displayed.
So I think this isn't a joomla fault but it is a K2 problem!

Would be great if yomeone knows what to to to bringb the pagebreak button again into the editor!

Best!

martin

More
14 years 1 month ago #86921 by srbine82
Replied by srbine82 on topic Pagebreak button not showing up in K2 items
I have the same problem. I going nuts.

More
13 years 7 months ago #86922 by Dotty
Can report the same issue on Joomla 1.5.18 | K2 2.3 with Uber Pagebreak. Anyone ever find a workaround to this?

More
11 years 3 months ago #86923 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: Pagebreak button not showing up in K2 items

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)