Keyword

Image upload doesn't work

• renegadesk
  • renegadesk's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #86986 by renegadesk
Image upload doesn't work was created by renegadesk
Hey guys, I was using k2 2.2 then I got this error so I upgraded to 2.3 but still have the error. When I am creating/editing an item in either the front or back end and I add an image via the image tab, the site takes ages to upload it (on local WAMP install, file size ~ 1.5mb, type: jpg) then when it finally does, the screen goes blank. After I refresh the page I can see the image is there fine, but then when I go back into edit the item and am on the image tab the thumbnail of the image doesn't show.
Also when I add a relevant zip file to the image gallery tab and try to upload it the site returns a 403 error. Can't see any other problems at all on the site.

Any help or ideas of things to check would be great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• renegadesk
More
14 years 1 month ago #86987 by renegadesk
Replied by renegadesk on topic Image upload doesn't work
alright gangsters, it looks like it's just the particular images that I'm trying to upload that are having problems. They are filename.JPG and file type is JPG. A client sent them to me from his Mac.

If anyone has had a similar problem or have any thing they can contribute to help out it would be great

• renegadesk
More
14 years 1 month ago #86988 by renegadesk
Replied by renegadesk on topic Image upload doesn't work
I converted the files to jpg using Grisoft Photo Resizer and now they upload fine. Still, if anyone has any idea as to why these images wont upload it would help me out a whooooole lot.

sk said:alright gangsters, it looks like it's just the particular images that I'm trying to upload that are having problems. They are filename.JPG and file type is JPG. A client sent them to me from his Mac.
If anyone has had a similar problem or have any thing they can contribute to help out it would be great