Keyword

403 error page adding an article in frontend with sh404SEF activated

• german
  • german's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #87001 by german
When I add an article from frontend, with a registered user, (registered users groups is without publishing permissions) I get a 403 error if I have activated the SEF URL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Claudio González Barraza
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87002 by Claudio González Barraza
Replied by Claudio González Barraza on topic 403 error page adding an article in frontend with sh404SEF activated
i've the same problem '403 error' when a user adds an article from the front-end, but i haven't sh404SEF installed

• Claudio González Barraza
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87003 by Claudio González Barraza
Replied by Claudio González Barraza on topic 403 error page adding an article in frontend with sh404SEF activated
The error appears when an user don't have permission to 'edit own items' in K2, the system works just fine for me, he can't publish articles and if he modifies the content the article gets unpublished again, Great!

• german
  • german's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #87004 by german
Perfect, now is working fine! Thanks

Claudio González Barraza said:The error appears when an user don't have permission to 'edit own items' in K2, the system works just fine for me, he can't publish articles and if he modifies the content the article gets unpublished again, Great!

More
12 years 11 months ago #87005 by Jerry Garner
So if they aren't allowed to edit their own items they get a 403? That's poor planning. I don't want my authors to be able to go back later and add links or other changes to old articles that I have already paid an editor to review. Those people should just receive a simple message stating that their article has been received. Giving them a 403 just looks unprofessional. Is there a hack or something that will allow me to deliver that user group to a specific landing page after they submit?