Keyword

Gaming admin with ADHD needs help. Can provide MMORPG accounts as payment

• James Weeks
  • James Weeks's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #87029 by James Weeks
I'm broke, do this for a hobby, but I do have industry connections and
can probably get you some MMORPG game accounts free with some free game time here or there for the
work.

What I need is probably simple, but again, I have ADD which is bad lately, and it's a wonder I got Jreviews or Gamesbox working.

Long story boring this is way too much for my head to wrap around with ADD.

What I would like to use is K2, but have the look combined of the two things I am dealing with.

I can go into more detail if someone can help me, but it's basically a game review site located at www.angryguildleader.com working on wordpress. I've moved to Joomla, but need help with the CCK.

I have two different reviews styles I want to merge into one.

i.e. this : www.angryguildleader.com/mmo2/component/...140-atlantica-online

On this I like the Gallery being on there, and I like the breakdown on the bottom right of the bars, icon, etc.

with this: www.angryguildleader.com/mmo2/game-list/...s/1-atlantica-online

I like the way this is laid out in general and the scoring on the left with the box cover.

With some tweaks here and there. Again I don't really have money but
can hook you up. In fact I have an Aion account with free game time
right now.

I would just use Gamesbox, but it's not tweakable AT ALL and has
serious issues when using it on a website with a black background.

You can contact me here or at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• James Weeks
More
14 years 1 month ago #87030 by James Weeks
Okay, I've managed to figure out the fields and basic setup. I think I just need help now with the way it lists on the list page and the way the layout of the actual review looks. If anyone can help would do what I can to pay or provide game accounts / time, I am just about to have a nervous breakdown trying to take all of this in with ADD.

More
14 years 1 month ago #87031 by Simon Wells
James,
I would highly recommend you take a look at the docs section on simon.getk2.org, due for an update.
Hopefully it will give you some background information on getting a site up and running with k2.

Any problems, then come back and shout.

Simon
K2 Support

• James Weeks
More
14 years 1 month ago #87032 by James Weeks
I've made some headway. I just don't know how to change the layout. I've designed sites before, so I will just keep looking at stuff until it clicks, I guess. I'm wondering if I can just grab a CSS sheet in dreamweaver and move things where I want them and re-upload it?

For example I've got the tags, categories and pages working, and even have the galleries working. Just it's not listing the way I would like or looking the way I would like, so I have at least got down most of the creation process.

Sorry if I'm being a pain, just lot of stress lately which makes the ADD worse and it's hard to digest anything new atm.

More
14 years 1 month ago #87033 by william white
I assume that you are talking about the layout in the item view showing a gallery, text, image, attachment, and comments.
The best way to change the way the item is laid out is by using a k2 subtemplate or override.
You can purchase override templates at K2Joom for one place.
You may like what you see here k2joom.com/k2-templates/profiler-k2-template/item-example
You can read documention on how to do it
here simon.getk2.org/component/k2/item/91-templating
and here community.getk2.org/notes/Templating_in_K2
After you get the hang of templating you can change the look and feel for a particular category only