Keyword

Urgent Menu item assignment bug! [VERY IMPORTANT]

• Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #87101 by Nick
Ok so this bug is really bugging me (no pun intended).K2 get's really confused with which menu item to pick in order to display the correct modules in category-item and item view. I have like 6 menu items all displaying Sub categories from 1 of my 6 main categories. The items belonging in those categories usually get confused which modules to display. Sometimes items display the modules linked to menu item 1 and sometimes items display modules linked to menu item 4 and this is COMPLETELY random.There should be a function in K2 which allows you to set a fixed menu item for module placement. Currently the modules for my items differ a lot from item to item and it's something that's non fixable without a proper dev fix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #87102 by Joe Stokes
Replied by Joe Stokes on topic Urgent Menu item assignment bug! [VERY IMPORTANT]
Hi Nick,

I think I had the same problem before and isolated the cause to Advanced Module Manager. I disabled the plugin and every thing got back to normal. So if you are using Advanced Module Manager, it could be the cause for the erratic display of modules from your menus.

Hope this helps

Joe

• Nick
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #87103 by Nick
i'm unfortunately not using that plugin :( thanks for the reply tho!

Joe Stokes said:Hi Nick,
I think I had the same problem before and isolated the cause to Advanced Module Manager. I disabled the plugin and every thing got back to normal. So if you are using Advanced Module Manager, it could be the cause for the erratic display of modules from your menus.

Hope this helps

Joe

• Nick
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #87104 by Nick
URGENT BUMP. Is there a way to like "reset" k2? Like export all k2 items and re-import them as if nothing has happened. Like clearing cache or something like that (obviously that isn't the solution but something like it)

Cuz let's say 1 day item "A" decides to show modules from menu item 4 and another day item B decides to show modules from menu item 5... like wtf?! and both menu items are k2 category types. I call this a MAJOR and CRITICAL bug.

• Nick
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #87105 by Nick
i will be bumping this until someone notices this bug.

• BNR Investment Group
More
14 years 1 month ago #87106 by BNR Investment Group
Replied by BNR Investment Group on topic Urgent Menu item assignment bug! [VERY IMPORTANT]
What else do you have installed? What version of K2 are you using? Does it do the same thing with one of the stock Joomla templates?

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but this is probably not a K2 issue. I run over a dozen sites equipped with K2 both 2.2 and 2.3 and none of them have this issue. Module display works predictably and consistently on all of them.

• Nick
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #87107 by Nick
well ur not the bearing of bad things. I RATHER have it be something else instead of k2 since my entire site runs on k2 and it's not something i can just uninstall u know.

Anyhow, I run the latest version of k2 and the only thing that COULD interfere with this is sh404sef. I'm using rockettheme templates and I JUST upgraded to another one hoping that it would fix the issue but it didn't. I'm making use of the "menu-less pages" feature. If i turn that off it doesn't make a difference either.

Here's an example. I have a category called Blu-ray. In that category i have 2 more categories called Cat A and Cat B. They both have items in them. Now on the homepage these 2 items are displayed (amongst many others). If i click Item 1 from Cat A, I go to a page without any modules. On my menu none of the items are selected.

Now let's say I click Item 2 from Cat B, I go to a page with all my homepage modules and the Home button in the menu is selected... I have NO freaking clue what is going on. Both categories inherit parameters from the same category and all the settings are the same for both of them.. i have no idea why this is happening.

EDIT: apparently in this new template the menu-less pages thing does make a difference. Now that i turned it off, all items are showing the modules from the home menu item... but i don't want that either -__-... Oh well better than that crappyness

Brent Friar said:What else do you have installed? What version of K2 are you using? Does it do the same thing with one of the stock Joomla templates? I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but this is probably not a K2 issue. I run over a dozen sites equipped with K2 both 2.2 and 2.3 and none of them have this issue. Module display works predictably and consistently on all of them.