Keyword

Facebook 'like' button

More
13 years 7 months ago #87121 by Russell English
Replied by Russell English on topic Facebook 'like' button
This is something I need to know how to do aswell.. The plugin is great, but it appears in a category view, so when you "Like" an item in the category view, it likes all of the items in that category!

kire timov said:
hi, how can i disable showing this plugin in k2 category view? (is it actually supposed to do this)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #87122 by Ryan James Ayres
Replied by Ryan James Ayres on topic Facebook 'like' button
Well one thing that would help is to not have it show during category view and only details view. Also, can you add twitter next to it?

More
13 years 6 months ago #87123 by Pete Stevens
Replied by Pete Stevens on topic Facebook 'like' button
Hi Ryan,

to disable it from category view (so only shows on items):

go to each category where you want it disabled, or if you have set your categories to 'inherit parameter options from (a specified) category' then you can just disable it there so that all categories inherit the setting.

from the parameters select 'item view options in category listings' - scroll down to Advanced and change 'Enable k2 plugins' from yes to No

I don't think this plugin is for twitter to but you can use it in conjunction with AddThis (you can search the forum for AddThis info).

Unfortunatly I haven't yet cracked the problem that Kire is experiencing. I too am seeing an image (from the same page I think) other than the one I have associated with the item on the liked link in facebook.

Any ideas?

Pete

More
13 years 6 months ago #87124 by Pete Stevens
update:

I did an experiment. I've found that adding an image src tag into the template html tells facebook which image to use:

e.g.in the head section I added a tag of this format:

<link rel="image_src" href="http://www.url-imagepath/imagename.jpg"/>

facebook then used this specified image in the like link. Great.so then tech people, how can we dynamically generate this code so that the html for each item page includes a image-src tag for the image associated with the item? 

n.b can add description and keyword metatags for each item using metadata information parameters but there is no option to add image meta as far as i can tell)

Pete

Pete Stevens said:

Hi Ryan,

go to each category where you want it disabled, or if you have set your categories to 'inherit parameter options from (a specified) category' then you can just disable it there so that all categories inherit the setting.

from the parameters select 'item view options in category listings' - scroll down to Advanced and change 'Enable k2 plugins' from yes to No

I don't think this plugin is for twitter to but you can use it in conjunction with AddThis (you can search the forum for AddThis info).

Unfortunatly I haven't yet cracked the problem that Kire is experiencing. I too am seeing an image (from the same page I think) other than the one I have associated with the item on the liked link in facebook.

Any ideas?

Pete

More
13 years 6 months ago #87125 by Pete Stevens
further update - solution to chosen facebook image

found what seems like a nice simple plugin that picks the first image from article/item (or category if you have not disabled like at category level - see my earlier reply) and passes it through to facebook.So you just need to enable this plugin after installing and then make the image you want in facebook to be your first image in your article/item.

www.perfect-web.pl/download/joomla/plugins/file/7-facebook-link-content-image-j15

It does it by generating the necessary image_src meta tag, (slightly different format than I had specified in my experiment)

<link href="http://www.url-imagepath/imagename.jpg" rel="image_src" />

but I guess it's the same thing

hope you guys can now get your k2 facebook like plugin to work how you want now, I'm happy with mine ;)

Pete

Pete Stevens said:

update:

I did an experiment. I've found that adding an image src tag into the template html tells facebook which image to use:

facebook then used this specified image in the like link. Great.so then tech people, how can we dynamically generate this code so that the html for each item page includes a image-src tag for the image associated with the item?

n.b can add description and keyword metatags for each item using metadata information parameters but there is no option to add image meta as far as i can tell)

Pete

Pete Stevens said:

Hi Ryan,

Any ideas?

Pete

More
13 years 6 months ago #87126 by Pete Stevens
kire see my post for solution

Pete

kire timov said:

i am sorry for the stupid question earlier (it was ofc. to disable "load plugin"-or something like that... in categoryItemView).. However i am having problem and it's not functional at all without this fixed. When you like an item it dose not fetch the thumbnail picture, actually on facebook some other picture is shwon from the site (this sux) can someone please help me fix this? It actually needs to force fetch the thumnail picture from category view (while you click like in itemView)

Thanks in advance

More
13 years 5 months ago #87127 by Julio Medina
Replied by Julio Medina on topic Facebook 'like' button
Thanks for this great plugin...

I'm new in Joomla and K2. My question is: can you change the position of the Facebook Like Button.

I want the button at the top of the item, not at the bottom.

Thank you and sorry if I made a mistake, english is not my first language.

More
13 years 4 months ago #87128 by Lgg Guayaquil
Replied by Lgg Guayaquil on topic Facebook 'like' button
I don't know how to use it or install it, please help me!!!

More
13 years 4 months ago #87129 by Ryan James Ayres
To Pete

I finally got around to using your example about disabling The K2 Plugins in order for it to only show in item view but not category view. When I disabled it in item view like you mentioned, that is exactly what it did. I could see it in category view still but not item view. I want to be able to just have it in item view and Not category view.. Any suggestions?

More
13 years 4 months ago #87130 by Ryan James Ayres
This plugin to generate the graphic doesn't seem to show up on K2 items for me. I have looked at the  view source on K2 content and cannot see any of the script loading. On regular articles I can.

Pete Stevens said:
further update - solution to chosen facebook image

found what seems like a nice simple plugin that picks the first image from article/item (or category if you have not disabled like at category level - see my earlier reply) and passes it through to facebook.So you just need to enable this plugin after installing and then make the image you want in facebook to be your first image in your article/item.

www.perfect-web.pl/download/joomla/plugins/file/7-facebook-l...

It does it by generating the necessary image_src meta tag, (slightly different format than I had specified in my experiment)

span class="start-tag">link href="http://www.url-imagepath/imagename.jpg" rel="image_src" />

but I guess it's the same thing

hope you guys can now get your k2 facebook like plugin to work how you want now, I'm happy with mine ;)

Pete

Pete Stevens said:

update:

Pete

Pete Stevens said:

Hi Ryan,

Any ideas?

Pete