Keyword

Remove checked_out on k2

• Andrew Kuhn
  • Andrew Kuhn's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #87164 by Andrew Kuhn
Remove checked_out on k2 was created by Andrew Kuhn
Hello, i just want to know how can i safely remove the checked_out column of K2, because so many times that the users don't close propelly the articles and they don't have access to backend, so i want to remove it.I know i can delete the column, but what files that i need to change to don't crash my site?Thanks, Andrew  PS: Sorry for bad english...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #87165 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic Remove checked_out on k2
Hi Andrew,

You can effectively HIDE the checked_out column in backend view by overriding the related view but if won't be enough.

You'll have to modify K2 core files to avoid checkin & checkout process. This is not, for me, a safe action because your modifications will be lost on K2 updates & 2 users will be able to edit the same item at the same time.

The best thing to do is, still for me, to use the 'Tools / Global check-in' function in backend.

Olivier

• Andrew Kuhn
  • Andrew Kuhn's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 weeks ago #87166 by Andrew Kuhn
Replied by Andrew Kuhn on topic Remove checked_out on k2
Thanks, i'll try something here, if works i tell you.

And the objective is to allow 2 users edit the same item at the same time, in joomla content i use like this more than 1 year without problems.

Thanks

Olivier Nolbert said:Hi Andrew,
You can effectively HIDE the checked_out column in backend view by overriding the related view but if won't be enough.

You'll have to modify K2 core files to avoid checkin & checkout process. This is not, for me, a safe action because your modifications will be lost on K2 updates & 2 users will be able to edit the same item at the same time.

The best thing to do is, still for me, to use the 'Tools / Global check-in' function in backend.

Olivier

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #87167 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Remove checked_out on k2
"And the objective is to allow 2 users edit the same item at the same time"
Doesn't someone have to WIN while editing an item?
Im not sure how joomla handles it but it seems that the rules would have to be
Table lock, record or row lock, or field locking....at some level he must keep up with the "last" change and break ties to commit the proper data