Keyword

full copy of website

• Daria Denisova
  • Daria Denisova's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #87169 by Daria Denisova
full copy of website was created by Daria Denisova
Hello everybody, I am sorry for posting general question about Joomla here, but last time your answers were so helpful that I thought I can give a try. I have a website on Joomla with K2 components installed. I want to copy everything I have and put the absolute copy of this site to another domain. I will need just to change language of articles - all other things should remain absolutely the same. Could you advice me the way to do that please? I am new to this, so more detailed answers are much much appreciated! Thank you guys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #87170 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic full copy of website
Hi Daria,

To make a copy of a full website, you can (have to) use Akeeba Backup, available here :

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/site-security/backup/1606

Always a pleasure to help...

Olivier

• Daria Denisova
  • Daria Denisova's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #87171 by Daria Denisova
Replied by Daria Denisova on topic full copy of website
Dear Olivier,

thank you very much for you helping me again. Sorry for stupid question, but when I have copy of my site, how technically should I put it to another domain name? Now I already have some things uploaded to this new website, but I am not satisfied with the way it looks as I need a full copy of what I had. I mean should I delete all the files via FTP from this new website?
Thank you once again

More
14 years 1 month ago #87172 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic full copy of website
Daria,

first, install Akeeba Backup on your new website. Make a full backup of your existing website.

After you can delete all files and follow this tuto on akeeba backup & restore :

crewdesigngroup.com/tips-and-tricks/item/13-how-to-backup-and-restore-your-joomla-site-using-akeeba-backup

Olivier