Keyword

Assigning ItemId when showing only featured items

• Daniele Grassi
  • Daniele Grassi's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #87201 by Daniele Grassi
Hi!I've a problem with the ItemId assigned by K2 when I click on the "READ MORE" of a featured article, in a view where only featured articles are listed. K2, in this case, doesn't assign an ItemId and I lose the modules configuration.Given a featured article, if a menu item links to its category (or to its parent), I need K2 to set the ItemId related to that menu item.I've modded the file helpers/route.php to get this result, but I was wondering if there is a "soft" way to obtain that.Thanks and best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #87202 by Martin Dean
Replied by Martin Dean on topic Assigning ItemId when showing only featured items
Hi Daniele,

Would you mind sharing any edits you made ?

I have featured items on a homepage pulling articles from withinin the categories live/articles/topic1,topic2.
the homepage is a default menulink to the articles category.

I have seperate menus topic1/articles and topic2/articles.

If the featured article on the homepage is from topic1, I want the readmore link to pass the itemid associated with the menu item topic1/articles.

Is this the configuration you meant ?

More
13 years 8 months ago #87203 by Casper Voogt
Replied by Casper Voogt on topic Assigning ItemId when showing only featured items
I ran into this with tag views. Here is what I did. It may heklp you;

In my case, I use only tags, which I link to from my menu. So each tag has its own Itemid, which is fine. However, when you click on "read more" for any of the items on the generic tag page, the 'read more' link uses the default K2 Itemid rather than the Itemid of the current page / menu item. This does seem like a bug to me. The read more links should use the Itemids of the current page or at least the menu item that brought the viewer to that 'read more' link. 

I have written a small override that solved this for me, since I could find no other way to solve this.

In /components/k2/models/item.php around line 62 (search for "read more link" .. it should be the first one), add this:

//mod to replace K2 Itemid with current page's Itemid. 

if(JRequest::getVar('Itemid') && JRequest::getVar('layout') && (JRequest::getVar('layout') == 'generic') && JRequest::getVar('task') && (JRequest::getVar('task') == 'tag')){

//MAKE SURE TO CHANGE "Itemid=17" TO WHATEVER ITEMID YOUR K2 USES:

$link = str_replace('Itemid=17','Itemid='.JRequest::getInt('Itemid'),$link);

}

//end