Keyword

K2 Tag display module in grid view [solved]

• ELEFTHERIOS MANOLIS
More
13 years 9 months ago #87431 by ELEFTHERIOS MANOLIS
Replied by ELEFTHERIOS MANOLIS on topic K2 Tag display module in grid view [solved]
andryw, this is my generic.php and my k2.css

from my 

components/com_k2/templates/default/generic.php

components/com_k2/css/k2.css

thank you very much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #87432 by andyw
I found that some changes I suggested was not made.  I simply made those changes to your files, and let's see if that works.

• ELEFTHERIOS MANOLIS
More
13 years 9 months ago #87433 by ELEFTHERIOS MANOLIS
Replied by ELEFTHERIOS MANOLIS on topic K2 Tag display module in grid view [solved]
thank you very much andryw
i change the files and now works fine
thank you very much

andyw said:I found that some changes I suggested was not made.  I simply made those changes to your files, and let's see if that works.

More
13 years 9 months ago #87434 by David Dahl
Replied by David Dahl on topic K2 Tag display module in grid view [solved]
Hello,

I've made the modifications suggested in this thread and have found them almost perfect for what I need to do.

Unfortunately, while I can create a menu item and have this work I cannot seem to use it within a module position. Is there any way, either with this method or another, to create a tag display in a grid format using a module that be placed around the page?

In my searching I have found this module (community.getk2.org/forum/topics/content-module-filter-by-tag-1?xg_source=activity) which displays the necessary tags but not in a grid format. Is there any way to modify this to display in a grid?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-David

More
13 years 7 months ago #87435 by Pieter
Replied by Pieter on topic K2 Tag display module in grid view [solved]
Thank you so much for the hack. It works like a charm. Most of the time...

In some instances, I experience that an item has a lot of white space above it, because it clears both sides.

I use two columns. If the second item is longer than the first one, the third only starts below the second one, not directly below the first, which would be perfect:

1    2

1    2

3    4

3    4

5    6

5    6

etc.

Is there a way to tweek it so that items start directly after the item above it, not after the item diagonally above it?

More
13 years 2 months ago #87436 by tazd
Sorry to dig up a bit of an old thread but i am being a bit on the dumb side today and for some reason can't get this hack to work with K2 v2.3.

So if someone would be kind enough to let me exactly where in components/com_k2/css/k2.css i add the following or pop up a copy of their generic.php and k2.css

div.genericItemView {width:33.3%;float:left;} /* this is the item container for this view */

div.genericItemIntroText {font-size:inherit;font-weight:normal;line-height:inherit;padding:0 10px 0 10px;}
Many thanks in advance

More
10 years 10 months ago #87437 by Goran Catic
Replied by Goran Catic on topic Re: K2 Tag display module in grid view [solved]
I`m trying to do the same for K2 v2.6.5 on Joomla 2.5.9

Tried the code change but there seems to be no change on this version whatsoever.

Anyone?

More
10 years 4 months ago #87438 by Rafael Figueiredo
Replied by Rafael Figueiredo on topic Re: K2 Tag display module in grid view [solved]
Hello everybody,

I have an issue. I have an template that use k2 category with 16 itens, but in the tag layout appears only 10 itens.

Have a solution for this?

Thanks everybody!

Att,

Mexica.

More
10 years 4 months ago #87439 by Lefteris
@Rafael Figueiredo

Hi. Go to K2 parameters and check the option named "Item count for tag listings" .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)