Keyword

Can we have an article in more than 1 category in k2 2.3?

• kiril Hristov Yovev
  • kiril Hristov Yovev's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 weeks ago #87580 by kiril Hristov Yovev
Can we?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87581 by william white
You can copy it and change the category of the copied item.....but, if you update it you will have to update 2

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87582 by william white
Also, you may find a way to use tags and then display by tags acheving the same result

• kiril Hristov Yovev
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87583 by kiril Hristov Yovev
Replied by kiril Hristov Yovev on topic Can we have an article in more than 1 category in k2 2.3?
Ae you serious? Or this is some kind of joke... I couldn't find feature like this in k2 and i think that this is some of the things that must have.

• BNR Investment Group
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87584 by BNR Investment Group
Replied by BNR Investment Group on topic Can we have an article in more than 1 category in k2 2.3?
We've used tags to accomplish this very successfully. One of the features we requested very early on was a display by tag menu item for this very reason.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87585 by David R.
kiril Hristov Yovev said:Ae you serious? Or this is some kind of joke... I couldn't find feature like this in k2 and i think that this is some of the things that must have.

Items can have one and only one parent category. This could be changed at the database level, but would require substantial reworking of code, when as others have pointed out, the required mechanics to support this already exists in tags. I don't see any reason for this to be changed. K2 lets you have it both ways -- a strict hierarchy of categories, as well as a many to many relationship between a "tag" and "articles".

• kiril Hristov Yovev
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87586 by kiril Hristov Yovev
Replied by kiril Hristov Yovev on topic Can we have an article in more than 1 category in k2 2.3?
Look at this example- You have website for movies and you are adding new movie in category named "horror". But the movie is also funny and you want to add it to one more category named "Funny movies". I can't see how the tangs can do it.

(Sorry for my bad english)

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87587 by David R.
You have tags for "comedy" and "horror".

kiril Hristov Yovev said:Look at this example- You have website for movies and you are adding new movie in category named "horror". But the movie is also funny and you want to add it to one more category named "Funny movies". I can't see how the tangs can do it.
(Sorry for my bad english)