Keyword

item formatting does not display correct

• michael neese
  • michael neese's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87632 by michael neese
item formatting does not display correct was created by michael neese
I am using custom templates for different categories and they work fine...however item formatting does not override, therefore any formatting done in item editing will not show...This includes font size, styles, paragraphs etc...text displays using ONLY formatting from custom template. 

How to get item formatting to show?

jwcooper.net/about-jw-cooper/item/136-the-visionary.html

If you are using firebug you will see the correct custom template for the text body, but the text is one big blob, not even showing the proper paragraph breaks...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
14 years 3 weeks ago #87633 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic item formatting does not display correct
The link you provided leads to 404 page.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87634 by michael neese
Replied by michael neese on topic item formatting does not display correct
er, sorry...try this one...even worse...I wanted a drop cap, as well a list at the end...

gertrudezachary.com/our-stores/item/179-nob-hill-store-infor...

and this is the code entered in the "item -- content" for this store description...apparently the forum will not display the code as "code" but maybe you'll get the picture...
**The eclectic shopping district of Nob Hill, Albuquerque, has been called the "Melrose of the Desert". Melrose Ave in Los Angeles has nothing over Nob Hill, except maybe the prices. Our Nob Hill store features a select display of exquisite jewelry items (that's what we're known for) as well as the most eclectic selection of interior decoration items in the city, such as...

Lamps and Lighting,
Antiques of Old World Origin,
Native American and Contemporary Jewelry.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
14 years 3 weeks ago #87635 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic item formatting does not display correct
Try this. Go to the k2 general parameters and locate the Content Cleanup Settings . Enable the cleanup introtext or fulltext (if you don't have them already) and exclude the elements you don't want to be cleaned up, such as ul, li, p, a, etc.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87636 by michael neese
Thanks for your replies yiota...i have just implemented this function, but for some reason it does not show differntly...possibly some caching that i have to somehow discover and flush...i shall let you know if it finally has an effect...
It seems to me that the custom template overrides is expressing the final word on the display... i am trying to refine this technique on two sites, and seems to be the same on both...

Yiota Ziaggou said:Try this. Go to the k2 general parameters and locate the Content Cleanup Settings . Enable the cleanup introtext or fulltext (if you don't have them already) and exclude the elements you don't want to be cleaned up, such as ul, li, p, a, etc.

• michael neese
  • michael neese's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87637 by michael neese
You are correct...finaly got the parameters to apply...my issues with bad html and misunderstanding of "intro" and "fulltext",...thanks for the right solution...