Keyword

How to Add Captions to the image gallery images?

• Scott Tuchman
  • Scott Tuchman's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 4 weeks ago #87638 by Scott Tuchman
Is there a way to add custom captions to the individual images that are zipped and uploaded into the image gallery?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87639 by william white
Replied by william white on topic How to Add Captions to the image gallery images?
refer to this post and this reply from simon
community.getk2.org/forum/topics/adding-more-images-to-gallery?commentId=3536014%3AComment%3A47574
Piperchick is correct, and I forgot, you can just load new images into the gallery as she says, so no need to enter the item to edit, just replace the image files. Also, if you are using captions, then you can replace the captions file too.

I havent used captions but that seems to be an option..probably need to include a file in the zip with the captions for the images and then set them to show....
if this works please post your results

More
13 years 9 months ago #87640 by bushie
I too am looking for a simple way to add captions to SIGPro. I have the Image Gallery working OK and have shifted it from the bottom of the page to within the content where it should be.

The only way I could see to get the captions working was to set them to on in the plugin and then edit the labels.txt file in media/k2/galleries. Although I have done that and uploaded the revised version, I am still only getting Title showing as a caption in the images.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ric

More
13 years 9 months ago #87641 by zig zag
Hi,

Before you zip up the images create a text file with the following:

1stimagename.jpg|The image title|The image description
2ndimagename.jpg|The image title|The image description
3rdimagename.jpg|The image title|The image description

Then save the file as labels.txt and zip it up with the images, when you upload the zip file through the gallery tab on the edit/add item form the captions will be there.