Keyword

Positioning content on the homepage

• Paul Berenson
  • Paul Berenson's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87658 by Paul Berenson
Positioning content on the homepage was created by Paul Berenson
Hello,
I'm new to both K2 and Joomla, but I've built a number of sites with html and ColdFusion, so I know HOW to edit code, but not always where, and I'm good at getting clients. I'm working on a site for a political campaign www.paulb.me/das/ and having problems with displaying the items. I need a comment system, and I'm hoping to expand the site in the future, and I have a restaurant site with art gallery to do next, so K2 looks like a great solution. If you scroll down the page to K2 Content, I like the way it displays, but I'm trying to just make that the content at the top of the page when you click Home, and without the container. Everything is published to the home page. Also, the Avatar image at the left is turned off everywhere in the Params, but I still get the box with the red x. At the bottom of the article I'm trying to get the article break line to go below the Comment, Read more, etc.  

When you click on the title it takes you to the actual item which is positioned in the site correctly, but the K2 Content is also at the bottom of that page. I'm guessing this is a template issue. The Default Template folder has a number of php files in it and I'm not sure which would be the one I edit or what to edit, since the front page display is different from the individual item page display.

Can someone help?

Thanks very much!

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87659 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Positioning content on the homepage
The front page display looks like a listing or "category" listing of k2 items. a discussion on front page is here
simon.getk2.org/component/k2/item/435-212-creating-a-frontpage
Before changing php code read here
simon.getk2.org/component/k2/item/91-templating
This way you wont overrite the changes when upgrading k2
You should also use css4k2
www.jiliko.net/en/Resources/Extensions/K2/Plugin-K2-Oneccsperk2template
Now you can tweak both the php code and the css code that are affecting your display

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.