Keyword

Move title next to image?

More
13 years 11 months ago #87711 by Shawn Marshall
Replied by Shawn Marshall on topic Move title next to image?
yes thanks to John Selekta and moparlakci I got this to work. I used the file he uploaded and placed it where he told me to. The final step was to edit the k2.css and set the image under category view list to float left.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #87712 by Belén M.
Replied by Belén M. on topic Move title next to image?
So, i've got it to work now...don't know what i did different, but it worked. It looks so much better now. Thank you all for this thread! :)

• johnselekta
  • johnselekta's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #87713 by johnselekta
Replied by johnselekta on topic Move title next to image?
Excellent! Glad I could help. Maybe someone can use this as a base for a nice shiny new K2 template ;-))

More
13 years 11 months ago #87714 by Shawn Marshall
Replied by Shawn Marshall on topic Move title next to image?
Do you know how to set the image height to be the same for every image? I see the width setting but nothing for height and it looks like from your screen shot you have the images the same height.
Thanks

More
13 years 9 months ago #87715 by allydawn
Replied by allydawn on topic Move title next to image?
Hello everyone

Got the same problem, tried to upload John's folder - it didn't help, the title just moved below the picture. I tried to float bot Title and Introtext in k2.css - it had no effect at all. Can anyone help me, please? I stuck with this problem and its a third day I'm trying to solve it.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:

• johnselekta
  • johnselekta's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #87716 by johnselekta
Replied by johnselekta on topic Move title next to image?
What I essentially did is go into k2.css and float the image left - also the trick is to change the order of the DIVs ever-so-slightly in the category_item.php to nest the image. Just scan through the HTML/PHP until you get to the catitemtitle DIV and make sure the image code appears within the DIV for the catitemtitle and introtext - most important of all though is to ensure there is no
in between the image and the header/introtext DIVs.
@Larry unfortunately to set the images the same height I used images of the same height, I'm not sure which stage the screnn grab was at that you saw, but they were all 4:3 ratio and are now square images (1x1 ratio)..sorry! I use Photoshop to crop them - if you're not in posession of a copy, you can use Splashup (www.splashup.com) which is a great utility.

I'll keep my eye on this thread anyhow, if you need any assistance I might be able to help in situ.

More
13 years 9 months ago #87717 by allydawn
Replied by allydawn on topic Move title next to image?
I've resolved the problem, with both using the folder that was mentioned above, and replacing a piece of code in k2.css.
its the piece that is responsible for Category Itemlist View

div.itemImageBlock {padding:1px;float:left;}
span.itemImage {float:left;text-align:left;margin:0 0 1px 0;}
span.itemImage img {float:left;border:1px solid #ccc;padding:0px;}

found it on russian joomla-forum, hope it could help someone

Thank you for trying to help :)